1. How was your franchise opportunity originally conceived and started?
I was sitting on my deck one night (David Briggs, President & Founder) and was forced inside due to mosquitoes. I searched for a company that controlled mosquitoes, after finding none, I used my 20 plus years of experience in the lawn care industry to develop a mosquito program.
2. What was your original vision for your company? How has that changed over time?
The original vision was to produce a program that could be sold to my current customer base in order to increase revenue. After the need for mosquito control started to outpace lawn care, and I realize there was a need and market, I immediately started to implement everything so it could be franchised. The technology, product and application process has significantly changed and developed over the years.
3. What do you believe is the single most important factor when choosing a franchise?
Demand for product/service, longevity, competition and competitive advantage
4. Why should someone choose your franchise over other similar franchises?
Our advanced routing and customer management technology, proprietary products, programs that increases results, resulting in more referrals and better customer retention.
5. What makes your industry attractive?
We are in a new industry, mosquito control/management. It's a great industry to start because simply, it's a new industry in an untapped market, so there's a lack of competition and increasing demand for our services
6. What types of qualities do you look for in potential franchisees?
We look for someone that is self- educated, motivated, honest, and has a good sense about business, especially marketing. Also, someone that is not afraid to take a risk.
7. What do your franchise fees and royalties cover?
Our fees/royalties cover proprietary customer management and routing technology, marketing system, ongoing training, ongoing product research and development, proprietary product and the uses of the brand.
8. How do territories work for your franchisees?
Our territories are protected and have been developed after years of analytics
9. Why has your franchise model been successful?
Everything that Mosquito Shield designs is developed for efficiency, right down to office procedures, therefore increased profits.
10. Where do you see your franchise in 5 years and 10 years?
We hope to have 80-95 franchises within 5 years and selling franchises internationally.
11. What is your favorite advice for new franchisees to help them succeed?
Don't think of yourself as a company within the mosquito, tick and pest control industry. Instead, think of yourself as a marketing company within these industries.
12. What would you tell potential franchisees that may be nervous about the financial burdens of starting a franchise?
No balls, no babies
13. Can you explain your financial assistance (if applicable)?
We have none at this time, unless a unique situation is presented, then we will cross that bridge when we get there.
14. On average, how long does it take to start a new franchise from the franchisees point of view?
It takes about 3 months, although it depends on the franchisee's individual situation.
15. What was your background and experience before founding this franchise?
20 plus years in the lawn care industry as a franchisee
16. Do you have any franchisee testimonials or success stories that you would like to share?
Not at this time.
17. Why do you think your company stands out in the industry?
The look of our brand and program.
18. Describe the working environment of you franchisees
Outdoors 90% of the time