- Trains athletes ages 8-18, as well as college, adult and professional athletes, to achieve higher levels of speed, agility and explosiveness so they can excel at their chosen sport. The program is scientifically developed to maximize physical and mental performance, and also builds sportsmanship, heart and character.
- Was founded in 1998 by NFL star Don Beebe. Don played in six super bowls over his nine year career, and is considered one of the fastest players to ever play in the NFL. He is best known for catching Leon Lett, who had a 35-yard head start, and denying him a touchdown in Super Bowl XXVII.
- Opened its first franchise in 2006 and currently has 22 franchises in 11 states.
- Completed a co-branding agreement in September 2009 with the Under Armour® brand.
- Applies its exclusive program that has been scientifically developed to maximize results. House of Speed's founder Don Beebe has created a highly effective regimen built from experience with the NFL and other experts in the field where every activity, even the warm-up, is optimized to train the athlete on multiple levels.
- Has trained more than 40,000 athletes including more than 40 professional-level athletes such as Tony Romo of the Dallas Cowboys and Michael Turner of the Atlanta Falcons. House of Speed off-season training programs have also been used by the Chicago Bears, St. Louis Rams and the University of Illinois.
- Has developed MySpeed™, a secure web-based application for all House of Speed athletes, coaches and parents. The software uses comprehensive data from 8 core drills to provide clear, objective skills tracking and progress reporting. It allows House of Speed athletes to compare their stats against other athletes nationwide and can give them an edge in college recruitment.
Why Choose House of Speed?
House of Speed provides the best available sport-specific performance training. House of Speed is continuously developing and refining the most current training techniques, enabling athletes to increase their overall speed, strength, explosiveness, agility and sport-specific ability. Our curriculum and weight training techniques were developed and designed by Don Beebe and Dr. Jeffrey Schutt who are well-known as leaders in the industry.
Our athletes compete in a wide variety of sports and are of diverse age ranges and skill levels. Therefore, House of Speed designed its training programs to be diverse to meet the needs of each athlete. For example, our programs incorporate performance training and sport-specific training. Performance training is designed solely to make the athlete faster, stronger, more agile and explosive. Sport-specific training is designed to target athletic ability in the sport in which the athlete competes. House of Speed has a customized training program for every sport, every position, and every skill level.
What is the market opportunity for House of Speed?
The market for sports performance training in the U.S. is growing rapidly. Parents, schools, and athletes have begun to see the difference how professional sports training and speed enhancement makes a huge difference in an athlete's future. The demand for suppliers of this service are high, especially those that can deliver a high quality product and parents are realizing a program such as House of Speed can deliver a competitive edge for their child. House of Speed delivers exactly what the market is looking for.
What type of ongoing support does HOS franchise provide its franchisees?
We pride ourselves on being a family run business. One of the principles that we live by at HOS is the belief that business should be done with a personal touch. Along with our internal controls already put in place, our executive staff is always a phone call away, ready to support you in any way you need. These topics include marketing, accounting, logistics, and any other issues that come along.
What differentiates HOS from the competition and why can't I do this myself?
- Name recognition – Don Beebe was one of the fastest NFL players during his 9 year career. Don not only lends his name to the company, but is a very active person within the organization.
- Experience/proven program – In 10 years, HOS has trained approximately 35,000 athletes. We have trained athletes ranging from professional teams (Chicago Bears) and professional athletes to collegiate athletes and teams to a lot of younger athletes.
- Why can't I do this myself? – One in three start-up businesses fail within the first 3 years. In 10 years, only 20% of businesses started today will still be in business. Conversely, a full 97% of franchise businesses are still operating after 10 years.