The Gateway Connection
- Family owned & operated partnership based in Canada
- Professional head office personnel in all areas of category & district management, merchandising & operations
- Prime retail locations including key transit systems, major office towers & high traffic shopping malls
- Over 500 stores in North America
- Locations in 8 Canadian provinces with dominance in Ontario
- Exclusive newsstand retailer in North America’s third largest transit system – the TTC
- Over 150 US locations with concentration in New York & Chicago
- 100% owner/franchise operation
- Strong head office support
- Mandated merchandising programs for all categories
- Consistently rated among North America’s Top 100 Franchises by Entrepreneur magazines
The Gateway franchise system has proven to be a successful business proposition establishing itself as the foremost newstand operation.
- Currently A Franchisor To Over 500 Gateway Newstands
- Leasing space for 75 square feet to 700 square feet in high traffic
- Easily accessed lobby locations in high rise office towers
- Transit locations and shopping centres in Canada and the USA.
- Gateway Is Essentially A Convenience Store
- Operating out of kiosks and in-line stores in large office buildings, shopping centres, and transit locations.
- Selling tobacco and related products, lottery tickets, confectionary, newspapers, magazines, pocket books, cards, gifts, hot & cold beverages, snack foods, food products and other related needs.
- The Major Strength Of This Franchise Relates Primarily To Its Traditional Merchandising
- Featuring nationally advertised, pre-packaged, everyday consumer needs sold to a captive population generally with an exclusive use clause for its merchandising for the full term of the lease and options thereof.
- Gateway Newstands Provides The Individual Franchisee With:
- A turnkey operation in an excellent location.
- Coordination of the construction of the leasehold improvements.
- Less Demanding Hours
- The working hours for a Gateway location in office towers and some transit locations are less demanding than most convenience store locations.
- Gateway Will Adapt The Design To Fit In With The Design Of The Building
- Finally, And Most Importantly, Gateway Is Not Vulnerable To Significant Operational Problems.
- Gateway is a simple turnkey franchise operation.
- Gateway has resisted the temptation to provide additional services to franchisees after start-up for additional royalties. Traditionally, the extra service areas have left franchisors vulnerable to operational problems leading to a significant impact on profits and returns.
- Our Owners Are Fully Knowledgeable And Experienced In Every Facet Of Their Trade
- They have also developed long-standing relationships with the leaders of the industry.
- Store Fit-Up & Construction Is Tendered & Given To The Lowest Qualified Bidder
- The Franchisees Operate By Way Of A Sublease Signed By The Landlord Principal
- This affords the franchisee with all the rights and obligations of the franchisors head lessee.
The future for Gateway is bright since the company is expanding at a faster rate than any competitors. The franchisee has a vested interest in promoting the store sales and customer satisfaction. This level of service is difficult to duplicate with corporate staff and therefore, the Gateway Store, will continue to be a pleasant shopping experience for our customers, and a successful addition to any new or existing office, retail or transit development.
We are looking for a franchisee that sees the value in joining a proven system with strong real estate connections to help find good location options. The ideal owner will run and operate the business, although, we do have multi-unit operators in the system as well.
Sound like you? Interested? Fill out the form today!