Joey's Seafood & Grill Franchise Information:More than just a tasty place for seafood!A Bit of History
In 1985, Joe Klassen realized that there was a market opportunity between the 6,000 square foot full-service seafood concepts like Red Lobster, and the fast-food chains like Long John Silvers and Captain D's.
The result was the creation of a high-quality, full service, mid-priced, neighborhood seafood cafe known today as Joey's Seafood & Grill. The concept quickly established a reputation for its quaint, entertaining atmosphere, delicious made-to-order seafood entrees, and engaging customer service.
Today, Joey's restaurants enjoy strong brand recognition across Canada and are quickly expanding with locations across the United States.
Relying on a proven track record and a solid operating system, Joey's Seafood & Grill offers their franchise owners all the tools necessary for success. But, why consider Joey's Seafood & Grill over other franchise concepts?
To us, the reasons are obvious.6 Reasons to Consider a Joey's Franchise
Need we say more?
- Longevity of the Concept - An important consideration is how long a concept has been in existence. If it is a franchise just starting out, and not proven, there is more risk than with a mature concept. Conversely, the longer the track record, the better. Joey's has been in business in Canada since 1985 with over 100 restaurants today, making it the largest seafood chain in Canada, has been franchising for over 10 years, and has been franchising restaurants in the U.S. since 1995.
- Market Niche - Joey's Seafood & Grill is a mid-priced, high quality neighborhood seafood restaurant. Nationally as well as locally, there are very limited competitors. There are higher-end seafood restaurants, such as Red Lobster. There are fast food concepts like Long John Silvers and Captain D's; which offer limited menus, mostly fried menu items, and are not perceived as "healthy of high-quality." There is no other high-quality mid-priced neighborhood seafood restaurant such as Joey's Seafood & Grill.
- Growing Trend - The popularity of seafood is growing and has been for a number of years. More people are choosing to dine on seafood, perceived as healthy eating. Joey's Seafood & Grill grasped that opportunity and provides a variety of ways in which the entrees are prepared, including sautéed, poached, blackened, butter & garlic, and yes, fried. Many of these methods are in fact healthier.
- Availability of Good Locations - As witnessed by the sub shops, coffee houses, bagel places, etc., the availability of desirable sites is extremely important. Most prominent retail shopping centers have space that works very well for a Joey's Seafood & Grill. The advantage is that we fill a market niche with little competition, yet provide developers and landlords with an exciting option to the "ordinary concepts" in the market today.
- Staffing - Traditionally a full service restaurant requires a large number of very skilled employees. Joey's Seafood & Grill requires fewer employees because of its unique operation, menu, and facility design. In this labor market, the fewer the employees required to operate the better.
- Cost of a Franchise - Cost consideration is extremely important when seeking to become either a multi-unit owner or operator of a single restaurant. The investment to own a Joey's Seafood & Grill is often considerably less than many other franchise concepts.
Only a handful of entrepreneurs are faced with an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a growing enterprise. This is your opportunity to do just that. Don't let this big fish get away! Joey's Seafood & Grill is positioned for aggressive growth and is looking for the right people to join our group of outstanding franchise owners.
Would you like to learn more about this opportunity? Submit a registration form and a representative from Joey's Seafood & Grill will be in touch with you shortly.