Ranked the #1 New Franchise by Entrepreneur Magazine and Highest in Franchisee Satisfaction by Franchise Business Review and Franchise Update, Kona Ice® is the most innovative new brand in the franchise industry. With growth of over 450 franchise units in 42 states in 5 years, it is PROVEN, PROFITABLE and downright FUN!
What Does a Kona-Ice Franchise Cost?
To buy a franchise with Kona-Ice, you'll need to have at least $30,000 in liquid capital and a minimum net worth of $50,000. Franchisees can expect to make a total investment of at least $99,800. They also offer financing via 3rd party as well as a discount for veterans (10% off Franchise Fee). *
Options available to franchisees:
|Financing:||Via 3rd party
|Veteran Discount:||10% off Franchise Fee
Facts about this franchise:
|Home Office:||Florence, KY
Ranked the #1 New Franchise by Entrepreneur Magazine and Highest in Franchisee Satisfaction by Franchise Business Review and Franchise Update, Kona Ice® is the most innovative new brand in the franchise industry. With growth of over 800 franchise units in 46 states in 9 years, it is PROVEN, PROFITABLE and downright FUN!
5 REASONS WHY KONA ICE IS SUCCESSFUL:
- Extremely Low Overhead
- Protected Territory
- Year-Round Opportunities
- Community Involvement
- Unmatched Corporate Support & Marketing
EXTREMELY LOW OVERHEAD
- 6% food cost
- No real estate expenses
- Single person operation per unit
- Multi-unit expandability
- Fully contained and completely mobile
- Incredible franchisee buying power
MEET KEV: THE KONA ENTERTAINMENT VEHICLE
After having built over 800 trucks, Kona Ice has perfected the KEV. This state-of-the-art truck is literally a mobile billboard for your business – it sells itself!
- Drives in anywhere, anytime, fully equipped to serve thousands per day
- Patented FLAVORWAVE® for self-serve flavor dispensing
- Choose from an endless variety of exotic flavor combinations
- Tropical music rocks from the BOSE® enhanced sound system
- First mobile food truck to be completely NSF (National Sanitation Foundation) approved
- Proven successful in over 300 markets
- Large, protected territories
- No forced expansion
- Territory assigned by zip code
- Promotes working partnerships with neighboring franchisees
"With Kona, I have put more smiles on kids' faces and received more genuine thank yous in 8 months than I ever did in my 25 years in the consumer electronic business." – Cheri Wells, 1 Year Franchisee
Kona doesn't just sell gourmet shaved ice. It brings an unforgettable experience that appeals to the kid in all of us!
- Schools reward students with regular Kona visits
- Parents, kids and staff alike say Kona Day is the best day of the week at daycare
- Sports teams and leagues invite Kona to the ballpark whenever there's a crowd
- Businesses book Kona as a special break time treat for employees
- Birthday parties, church festivals, block parties and company picnics can all benefit from the Kona Ice experience
We're not just a shaved ice truck – we have units of every size for any venue.
- The Kona Mini: The most popular ancillary unit is a smaller, more agile version of the KEV, designed for indoor events and smaller outdoor venues.
- The Kona Trailer: Sometimes you only need the back half of the KEV – and that's exactly what the Kona Trailer is. It's perfect for large venues, where you'll be established for the majority of your season.
- The Kona Kiosk: Another great tool for large venues, the Kona Kiosk gets the job done.
- The KEV 2.0: Just a smaller version of the KEV. It is brand new in our lineup of extra equipment and we’re excited to see this little guy hit the streets! It may be smaller in size, but it has the same serving capacity as our regular truck.
KONA GIVES BACK
The Kona brand has become synonymous with fundraising in local communities all across the country. Booking Kona is the fastest, easiest way to raise big bucks for schools, sports teams and non-profit organizations. Good news spreads quickly and before you know it, everyone will want you at their event. Not to mention, it's great to be involved in your community and give back.
- Kona promotes fundraising programs such as percentage of sales give back, prepaid card programs and other various ways of fundraising
- Over $40 million give back to local communities to date
- Communities and schools love Kona for being a fun experience, while helping them reach their fundraising goals
Kona Ice is thriving all across the map, from New Hampshire to California. It's a proven winner with the masses – including our franchisees! How do we know?
- Franchisee expectations are constantly exceeded (Highest Franchisee Satisfaction Award from Franchise Business Review and Franchise Update)
- 75% of franchisees are purchasing a second unit within 2 years
Kona's favorite feature for all customers is the ability to load up on tropical flavors to their heart's content. In a day and age where self-serve dessert is all the rage, Kona has taken that step for the mobile shaved ice industry with our patented FLAVORWAVE. It's great for the customers and it's great for you! It increases serving speed and everyone loves it. Does it get any better than this?
- Complete self-serve flavor dispensing system
- Trademarked, patented, award-winning design
LOW COST INVESTMENT
- $15,000 - $30,000 cost investment
- Fixed royalty – a fraction of industry standard
- No paralyzing build out costs
We have pre-arranged financing with a sister company in place specifically for Kona Ice, giving you the opportunity to expand at your own pace.
KONA SUPPORT & MARKETING
Included in your franchise deposit is Kona Kollege, an in-depth, hands-on training experience at corporate headquarters. Your business is set up and territory is established as well as:
- Learn marketing strategies from the CEO and veteran franchisees
- Database management for your Kona Kontacts
- Day-to-day operations
- A comprehensive, 219-page Success Guide
Kona Ice offers an entire line of healthy, nutritious, Smart Snack-approved products. Proprietary products include:
- Sugar Free Flavors
- Dye Free Flavors
- Stevia-Based Vitamin C Blend
- Stevia-Based Isotonic Sports Blend with B Vitamins
ADDITIONAL KONA SUPPORT
- Weekly webinars with veteran franchisees
- Continued technology and standards training
- Annual Kona Konvention
- Veteran franchisee coaching
- Online forum where franchisees share ideas & techniques
Kona Ice has a full-time marketing team of graphic designers, marketers, copywriters and videographers. You focus on building your contact database as corporate provides:
- Professionally designed email advertising to targeted markets
- Slick and creative direct mail and leave-behind materials to close sales
- Kona-branded giveaways and merchandise to promote the brand
- Individual mini websites for franchisees
- Social media assistance – daily, monthly and yearly campaigns
- Corporate website that speaks to all areas of the Kona business
- Location-based searching to direct customers to local operators
- Backed by a national Google Ad Words campaign
"I think the vision Tony has for Kona is very exciting. So it allows us on a local level to really promote a brand that we believe in." – Linnea Black, 2 Year Franchisee
Kona Ice is the fastest growing mobile franchise in the country. Meeting or exceeding all expectations, franchisee satisfaction is through the roof! Don't miss this opportunity!
Territories are still available in all major markets.
Note: At this time, Kona is only accepting inquiries from within the USA & Canada.
Kona-Ice has received the following awards and acknowledgements:
Entrepreneur Magazine New Franchise: #1 (2013) Franchise Business Review Top 40 Food Franchises: #2 (2013) Franchise Update & Franchise Business Review Highest Franchisee Satisfaction: #4 (2013) Top Home-Based: #21 (2013) Franchise 500: #91 (2014), #112 (2013); Franchise Gator Top 100 (2017, 2018); Franchise Gator Fastest Growing (2017, 2018)
Kona-Ice is currently accepting inquiries from the following states:
Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District Of Columbia, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Wyoming and Canada
Interested parties should have at least $30,000 in liquid capital to invest.
Kona Ice Earns Notable Distinction On Entrepreneur Magazine’s 41st Annual Franchise 500® List
Kona Ice Ranked in Entrepreneur Magazine’s “Top Franchises for Less Than $150,000” List
Kona Ice is Named To Franchise Times Top 200+ List
Kona Ice Takes First in Elite Franchise Ranking
Kona Ice Achieves Coveted Franchise Industry 1K Status: 1,000 Franchised Trucks in Ten Years
Here are some other suggestions in the same category that you selected
College Hunks Hauling Junk and Moving is more than a franchise opportunity with a huge financial upside (our item 19 is amazing). Year after year our company-wide revenues grow by leaps and bounds. This year weve seen revenue…
70k Minimum Cash Required
Doody Calls provides pet waste removal service to residential, apartments and Home Owner Associations and is extremely well known and respected. If youre ready to make your entrepreneurial dreams come true with a proven…
65k Minimum Cash Required
An Aire Serv franchise is an invitation to join a community of like-minded professionals who are ready, willing and able to share their experiences and best practices with you. This is what it looks like to have your business…
50k Minimum Cash Required
While drywall damage is common, its also a tougher fix than most home and property owners realize. The DIY kits that you can buy at a big box hardware store never quite match up to the original wall, and finding a contractor…
60k Minimum Cash Required
Build your own real estate investing business with the help of HGTV's Ken and Anita Corsini from Flip or Flop Atlanta From flipping and rentals to wholesaling and joint ventures, at Red Barn Homebuyers, we give you the…
40k Minimum Cash Required
By tackling all kinds of pest and wildlife problems, Complete Pest Solutions has become the true one stop shop in the industry. Our diverse services position franchisees for success in any geographic or economic climate.
50k Minimum Cash Required
Weve claimed our niche in the exterior remodeling segment, and you can too. Take a look around your neighborhood. You probably wont find a clear leader in the exterior home remodeling arena. Investing in an established,…
40k Minimum Cash Required
Next Day Access provides an avenue to capitalize on the rapidly growing aging population and other people who have mobility related disabilities. We improve people's lives by providing mobility & accessibility solutions…
50k Minimum Cash Required
Merry Maids is the industry-leading residential cleaning franchise helping entrepreneurs like you build businesses in a thriving category with immense growth potential. During our more than 40 years in business, weve…
70k Minimum Cash Required
Men In Kilts is the exterior cleaning franchise making home services more fun. With eye-catching branding, repeat revenue and industry-best franchise systems, were an attractive opportunity for entrepreneurs looking to start…
30k Minimum Cash Required
ComForCare is a top-ranked, leading home care franchise whose brand is synonymous with quality care, innovative care programs, and recognition for building a top caregiving culture. We are actively looking for entrepreneurs…
75k Minimum Cash Required
Outside pest control service is booming Join a well funded franchisor poised for rapid growth nationwide. Looking for people who want to own and operate their own business NOW Low investment Secure your territory and…