Request Free Information
MakerKids Franchise Program
Your dream career awaits. You’ve learned about the power of MakerKids. Now it’s your turn to inspire others. MakerKids Franchise Program is a proven education and business model designed to empower kids, inspire the community and teach leading edge STEM programs.
MakerKids runs award-winning STEM programs on Coding, Robotics and Minecraft. We use technology as a medium to help build confidence, social skills, change-making abilities and a positive relationship with technology. Kids have started businesses, won prizes from NASA, been published in magazines, and had positive mental health outcomes. MakerKids was named the #1 franchise concept in the NextGen in Franchising Competition at the International Franchise Association Conference. We have been featured by Forbes, Wired, and more. Help empower the makers of tomorrow. Inquire today.Click to Visit the
The #1 Accelerator of Human Potential
- Invest In Children’s Future Career Success - High Employment of Grads
- Kids learn the skills of the future, including 21st century skills, core concepts of Coding, Robotics, Engineering and more.
- CEOs say that schools don’t adequately prepare kids for careers
- The careers of tomorrow do not exist today; with our support and guidance, today’s children will be prepared for anything!
- Expand Kids’ Answers To “What Do You Want To Be When You Grow Up?”
- Studies show that kids decide between ages 7-12 whether or not they’ll consider careers in STEM.
- STEM = Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
- The key is for kids to have a positive experience with STEM… and to build confidence.
- Our country has a shortage of tech-trained workers.
- STEM jobs are key to increasing innovation and GDP.
- Not to mention… Some STEM jobs pay double the national wage.
- Kids get excited about STEM with us
- Best-in-Class, Award-Winning Programs
- MakerKids was named Best Kids’ Workshop by Toronto Life Magazine
- One of the top ten birthday party places by Today’s Parent.
- Astonishing Results
- Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and the founders of Google all had exposure to tech as kids.
- MakerKids graduates have been featured on TV and in magazines, started businesses, won prizes from NASA, and more.
- Our programs transform the way children see the world, the future, and their own potential.
- A child with apraxia (a low range of vocabulary) went from a below-average range of vocabulary to an above-average range of vocabulary within a year of our Minecraft programs.
- Parents have reported improved marks, behaviour and mental health.
- Our CEO coded a website at age 12 that ended up going viral and being featured in a magazine, which helped her get through some bullying she was experiencing at the time and realize she could be a leader – our goal is to provide experiences like this for more kids.
- We Use Technology As A Medium To Build Social-Emotional Skills
- We don’t just teach tech – we use it as a medium to nurture confidence, social skills, and resilience through our snack chats, curriculum and more.
- Mental health professionals refer kids to us because of the positive results they have seen with their clients.
- MakerKids’ CEO was awarded an honorary degree from Humber College for her work in this area.
- MakerKids parents reported significant improvements in their children: 72% improvement in computer skills, 75% increase in creativity, 75% improvement in social skills and 100% boost in confidence!
- Kids have gone from having emotional or academic difficulties to leading clubs, improving their marks, and taking on more responsibility and ownership at home.
- “MakerKids is a cool place where it’s cool to be smart.” – Massimo Banzi.
- A Place For Quirky Kids To Make Friends
- Kids feel like they fit in with this community of like-minded peers and feel a sense of belonging.
- Kids make friends, learn conflict resolution skills, and collaborate to build amazing projects.
- No need to worry about kids dragging their feet to get to programs or camp – kids love it!
- In our weekly program, kids come at the same time each week – allowing them to build
- deep friendships with the other kids in their class and their instructor(s).
“My boys flourish here and look forward to it every week. They show social skills improvement and more confidence since coming to MakerKids and finding their “tribe.” – Tammy Isbell
- Kids Have So Much Fun They Don’t Realize How Much They're Learning
- We start with block-based coding and don’t just focus on text-based coding which can be difficult for kids who are also learning typing.
- Improv games throughout the day
- Kids develop a life-long love of learning and become more engaged at school.
- Kids Develop A Positive Relationship With Technology
- Many parents outsource their children’s screen time to us.
- We help kids move from being consumers to creators.
- We teach kids about internet safety and self-regulation around technology.
- Kids Use Industry-Leading Tools
- Our curriculum experts have hand-picked platforms that maximize both learning and fun.
- We also focus on starting kids off learning the general principles of coding rather than learning one specific language – most universities have gone in this direction as well, knowing that the coding languages of today may not be relevant tomorrow.
- These aren’t just exercises – kids get to make real projects and see the results of their work by creating video games, websites, 3D designs, robotics projects, and more.
- For example, as part of our Robotics curriculum we use Arduinos, the same microcontrollers that were used to prototype the Square credit card reader and the Pebble smart watch.
- The CEO of Arduino is on our Board of Advisors.
- As part of our Coding programs, we use a platform that was used to make some of the top games in the App Store.
- Expert-Written & Time-Tested Curriculum
- We’ve written curriculum for Intel, Mozilla, 3D Systems, Queen’s University, and City of Toronto summer camps.
- Our team has backgrounds in engineering, entrepreneurship, Singularity University at NASA, teaching and more.
- MakerKids’ curriculum has been refined over 7 years.
- Our CEO was selected for the OISE (Ontario Institute for Studies in Education) Professional Advisory Committee.
- Our curriculum is project-based and interest-driven.
- Experienced, Vetted & Highly Trained Instructors
- Kids learn from NASA-educated entrepreneurs, teachers and engineers.
- Instructors are police-checked, triple reference-checked, first-aid trained, and go through extensive training.
- They have incredible backgrounds in technology and working with kids, e.g. the Ontario Science Centre, and more.
- We only select around 1 in every hundred job applicants, through a 7-step interview process.
- We’ve also trained school boards and teachers on how to teach STEM.
- Instructor:Child Ratio
- We maintain a 1:8 or better instructor to child ratio
- Some other places have drop-in programs which makes this impossible to achieve
- World-Renowned Programs
- Our CEO has been invited to give talks at industry-leading conferences (e.g. Maker Faire, MakerCon, SXSW, etc) in Rome, NYC, California, Norway and more.
- Wired says we “encourage creativity and confidence”.
- Our CEO was selected for the Singularity University program at NASA (from over 3000 applicants), where she learned to apply exponential technologies to education.
- Recognized By Industry & School Boards
- We’ve partnered with Google, Twitter and more and run workshops for them.
- The Director of Education at Intel said: “I think that MakerKids is doing some outstanding things for kids. Let’s get more kids into making.”
- Best-In-Class Standards. Accredited & Safe
- You may be surprised to know that some technology camps do not even police-check their instructors.
- With MakerKids, you don’t have to worry – as an Accredited member of the Ontario Camps Association, MakerKids follows over 200+ best-in-class safety standards.
- Feel good about sending children here. We know how special kids are, and we take care to protect and look after them in accordance with the highest standards of care.
- Here are some examples of our many standards: we don’t allow nuts at our locations, we police check all our instructors, and we have an ID-based sign-out policy.
- Many clients hear about us from a friend’s recommendation.
- 9/10 parents surveyed recommend our programs.
- Some families have come from as far as the Carribean to attend our camps!
- Industry Pioneer
- MakerKids started the first makerspace for kids in the world.
- MakerKids was the first mover in this space, and created the category – now in addition to going to after-school programs on art, music, dance and sports, kids go to technology after-school programs.
- Accept no imitations – MakerKids is the original and leading concept.
- Great For Kids With ADHD, On The Autism Spectrum, And/Or With Learning Disabilities
- We welcome all audiences to MakerKids and have special training for our staff on these topics.
- Some parents tell us they are using our programs as a form of high-tech arts therapy for their child!
- MakerKids’ CEO was recently invited to give a TEDx talk about this.
Our Ideal Candidate
The selection of new MakerKids Franchisees is an important decision involving an extensive interview/approval process. For mutual success and satisfaction, we must ensure that each Franchisee possesses the necessary entrepreneurial drive, management skills, financial means and dedication that are required in today’s competitive market. In the MakerKids system, the selection of the best people followed by a comprehensive training program and ongoing operational and marketing support has allowed the chain to continue its expansion and remain as the leading chain of makerspaces for kids.
Interested in learning more? Fill out the form today!
Request Free Information