You can start your Pet Wants business in your home, small office or store, and grow at your own pace. Pet Wants will teach you everything you need to know about operating and building a successful pet food business.
What Does a Pet Wants Franchise Cost?
To buy a franchise with Pet Wants, you'll need to have at least $50,000 in liquid capital. Franchisees can expect to make a total investment of $62,830 - $93,000. They also offer financing via 3rd party as well as a discount for veterans ($1,000 off mobile franchise and $2,000 off retail store). *
Options available to franchisees:
|Financing:||Via 3rd party
|Veteran Discount:||$1,000 off mobile franchise and $2,000 off retail store
Facts about this franchise:
|Home Office:||Cincinnati, OH
What is it?
- Pet Wants provides exclusive, high-quality, fresh, and nutritious pet food delivered right to customers’ homes with our mobile business model.
- Pet Wants also has a brick-and-mortar retail model which allows customers to see and learn about products in person.
- Pet Wants franchisees have the option to choose which model they would like to invest in. All retail locations include delivery operations.
- Pet Wants owners also offer premium lines of additional pet products from carefully curated vendors as an additional source of revenue.
How does it make money?
- Customers pay Pet Wants owners directly for their products.
- Pet Wants Franchise support staff provides lead generation support for their owners through digital marketing efforts
- Pet Wants owners participate in local events to promote their business and sell products
Who is it for?
- Successful Pet Wants Franchise owners are entrepreneurial, driven to succeed and passionate about pets and helping pet owners. Business management experience is a plus. No special knowledge of pet nutrition and pet health needs is necessary.
- People seeking an affordable and home-based business
What would you do as a franchisee?
- Network, market and promote your business within your community to gain customers
- Become an expert on Pet Wants products and provide advice to customers
- Nurture and maintain positive relationships with customers to encourage recurring business
- Make regular deliveries of fresh pet food to your customers
- Spending on fresh, nutritious pet food is at an all-time high and the demand for consumer product delivery has skyrocketed, making it a great time to own a Pet Wants franchise.
- Over 100 Pet Wants owners have invested in their lives and futures by becoming a Pet Wants franchisee. When you join the Pet Wants franchise system, you are entering into a partnership with a proven business system. You become a small business owner, but you get big business support, training, marketing and technology. Franchising provides entrepreneurs the opportunity to launch a nationally recognized business without the hassles of a start-up. Pet Wants franchise owners are provided with hands-on training, business coaching, marketing and technology support.
- Pet owners are starting to hold pet food to the same high standards as they do the food they put on their own tables. Spending on premium and custom-made pet foods is skyrocketing.
- Consumer demand for products that can be delivered safely and conveniently to their homes has also skyrocketed.
Why Pet Wants?
- The People – Our franchise owner network of peers, the business coaches and operations support staff are a strong community. From on-boarding and business coaching, to marketing, technology and operational support, the Pet Wants support team is there to guide new and existing owners to success.
- Marketing Support & Operational Support – At Pet Wants, our franchisees are constantly surrounded by support from both our Marketing Department and our Operations Team. We provide national and local marketing assistance through digital marketing strategies, national publicity, and local lead generation support. Our operations team provides you with your own dedicated business coach to help guide you through all the details of owning a Pet Wants franchise.
- Products – Pet Wants provides its owners with the highest quality, freshest custom-made pet foods and treats available, which are exclusive to the brand. Our franchise owners also offer a carefully curated selection of other pet products including health-conscious pet salves, balms, and sprays.
- Strategic Start – Pet Wants is part of Strategic Franchising Systems, which includes four other service-based brands including The Growth Coach. An added benefit to joining the Strategic Franchising family of brands is complimentary business and sales coaching from a member of The Growth Coach team. In addition to your dedicated Pet Wants coach, a Growth Coach will also be available to provide business strategy, sales coaching, and accountability for the first six months after launch.
The Winner’s Circle – Franchise Fee Reimbursement Program!
The Winner’s Circle is an incentive-based program that allows new franchise owners the opportunity to gain full franchise fee reimbursement within their first year of operations. Franchise owners who enroll in the Winner’s Circle program will become eligible for initial fee reimbursement after obtaining required milestones. This program truly incentivizes our new owners to utilize all their resources to reach their first-year goals to reach the Winner’s Circle. Winner’s Circle members will be recognized at the yearly Franchise Conference.
“When customers hear about Pet Wants, they’re intrigued by the notion that the food is fresh. I think that the challenge we have is to convince people that fresh is the better way to go. A lot of consumers, they’re very unaware that they do have choices, that fresher food does make a difference.”
- Chuck Ryan, Pet Wants Chicago
“I love dogs and cats myself, and I thought, obviously, you want to enjoy what you do and believe in what you do. The more I researched Pet Wants, the more I decided it was something I should consider.”
- Tim Chapman, Pet Wants Minneapolis
“We feel like the business is extremely scalable, and that was one of the prerequisites of us getting into it. We wanted to scale to a large customer base and size because that’s important in any business.”
- Caonex Abreu, Pet Wants Miami
Pet Wants has received the following awards and acknowledgements:
Pet Wants Ranks as #33 in Entrepreneur’s Top New Franchises for 2018; #5 on Fastest Growing and #43 on Top Emerging; Franchise Gator Fastest Growing (2017, 2018); Franchise Gator Top Emerging (2017)
Pet Wants is currently accepting inquiries from the following states:
Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District Of Columbia, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming,
Interested parties should have at least $50,000 in liquid capital to invest.