Sharkey's Cuts for Kids
Award Winning Franchise! Most Franchises require the business owner to manage the day-to-day activities of the business. We DO NOT! “Passive ownership is what Sharkey’s is all about”, says CEO Scott Sharkey. “ We’ve combined a passive ownership franchise with a concept that is 100% recession proof for today and years to come. Please respond to see if you qualify for ownership.
What Does a Sharkey's Cuts for Kids Franchise Cost?
To buy a franchise with Sharkey's Cuts for Kids, you'll need to have at least liquid capital of $150,000- $222,995 and a minimum net worth of $350,000. Franchisees can expect to make a total investment of $163,420 - $222,995. They also offer financing via 3rd party as well as a discount for veterans (10% off Initial Franchise Fee). *
Options available to franchisees:
|Financing:||Via 3rd party
|Veteran Discount:||10% off Initial Franchise Fee
|SBA Approved:||Not Available
Facts about this franchise:
|Home Office:||Westport, CT
Award Winning Franchise!
PASSIVE OWNERSHIP ONLY! A Turn-Key Franchise You Can Run From Anywhere! You are Not Buying a Job with Sharkey’s, You are Purchasing an Investment.
Most Franchises require the business owner to manage the day-to-day activities of the business and live close to the business. We DO NOT! Almost all of our current franchisees maintain their current jobs along with their Sharkey’s Cuts for Kids franchise. "Passive ownership is what Sharkey's is all about”, says CEO Scott Sharkey. “We’ve been able to combine a passive ownership franchise model that is 100% recession proof for today and years to come”. SHARKEY’S WILL STAFF YOUR SALON FOR YOU: No need to hire your employees anymore! Sharkey’s will offer you the option to fully staff your salon prior to opening! ROI: Sharkey’s is not one of those “trendy” franchises where you might see a return on your investment in 3 – 5 years, only to have your concept get replaced by something bigger, better, or more “trendy”. We offer you the opportunity to invest in a brand that has longevity, is fun to run, and has very little competition. We are offering today the same services we offered back in 2002! Kids always need haircuts and you cannot get that on Amazon!
What's In It For You? Why Invest in a Sharkey’s Franchise?
The overall hair care industry is a $55-billion per year industry. It is estimated that hair care for children makes up $5 billion of the market. According to the 2000 census, there are over 52 million children between the ages of 0 and 12 in the US and they average 8 haircuts per year. This is Sharkey's target market.
Sharkey's is leading the industry by overtaking our closest competitor in 2008 with the title "Fastest Growing Children's Hair Salon" by Franchise Times. Award Winning Kids Salon Franchise - 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, & 2020 and Entrepreneur Magazine’s top kid’s salon franchise for 2016!
Why is Sharkey's a Recession Proof Investment?
- Hair always grows so kids will always need a haircut. It’s like a utility business; it’s a need not a want.
- Kids visit Sharkey’s for a fun experience – It’s like a sweet treat and an excursion for moms.
- When times are tough & unpredictable, people cherish 15-30 minutes of happiness with their kids. People are always going to spend money on their kids as we have proven this time and time again for over 18 years (Sharkey’s experienced an uptick in business within our salons during the 2008 recession).
- Even in a recession parents want their family to present well - their appearance is their cover story.
- There is no risk with wastage – Even if we have to close down for a few weeks we don’t lose money on ingredients. We are just deferring haircuts for the time being while the public deals with a given situation.
- Haircuts cannot be given online or virtually.
- Kid’s haircuts are not seasonal so they come in at all times throughout the year.
- No reinvestment with Sharkey’s after your first 5 years. When evaluating a franchise, you need to evaluate if the franchise you are thinking of investing in will make you money in years 6-10. Not years 1-5. Is the concept trendy, will I need to reinvest in new equipment or technology after maybe I have made my ROI back in 5 years? The Sharkey’s model is approximately 90% the same as it was back in 2002, other than upgrades in technology, gaming stations, and bigger TV’s.
- Generally speaking, rents are low and the franchise investment is low so Sharkey’s can weather the storm of a closure or recession very quickly (Proven and reinforced in 2008).
- Sharkey's has experienced record growth during the current pandemic.
How Is Sharkey’s Unique? Technology & Our Competitive Advantages!
Sharkey's really sets itself apart from the competitors with our well-planned design and unequaled entertainment factor. We don't just cater to the youngest of children or one gender - we have positioned ourselves in the market for kids of all ages, and adults as well! Once children come to a Sharkey’s salon, they want to come back again & again because they enjoy the entire experience. We have extremely high brand loyalty among our young customers and their parents as well.
- We now offer an option which includes a 100%, FULLY STAFFED SALON prior to grand opening.
- Sharkey’s will manage 100% of your marketing/advertising campaigns for 3 months prior to your grand opening and for an additional 6 months after your grand opening. PASSIVE OWNERSHIP!
- All our salons include 8 -11 cutting stations. Each station is fully equipped with a 24”-85” TV so your kids can enjoy playing Xbox or watching their favorite cartoon or sporting event.
- Multiple revenue streams and state of the art salon software-Tops in the industry. As much as 80% of our customer’s appointments are booked online, so no need to pick up a phone anymore and dial-in for an appointment. User friendly Sharkey’s App as well!
- Franchisees can log into their salon from a laptop, Iphone, Android device, from anywhere in the world to see current data or history. No need to visit your salon. PASSIVE OWNERSHIP!
- Sharkey’s software allows customers to book appointments with their favorite stylist online. (Approximately 80% of all appointments are being booked online at Sharkey’s corporate salon.)
- Comprehensive & unrivaled training & support including 3-4 days of one-on-one training by our staff at our corporate store, along with multiple hours of additional one-on-one time with the Franchisor, Scott Sharkey.
- A Sharkey’s representative will be present for your Grand Opening and will assist you in training your stylists and receptionists prior to opening.
- Sharkey’s proprietary software company will provide many hours of one-on-one training so you are ready for your Grand Opening, and they are available 24/7 for any questions or support issues.
What Do Our Franchisees Say About Us?
"From my first phone call I have felt like I was Sharkey's number one priority. Scott doesn’t just provide a great mentorship, he is open to my insight as well. Going into this new business we had never been in the salon industry before but with Scott's guidance and the Sharkey's Cuts for Kids brand we have had no issues generating business. We are looking forward to continuing to grow the children's hair salon business in our area!" Sincerely yours, Amanda & Paul - (owner of 2 franchises)
"Through every challenge I faced you were right there ready, willing, and able to provide your experience & wisdom. You are a great person and even a better Franchisor. From our very first conversation I felt confident in my decision to invest in your concept. Now that my salon is officially up and running I know without a doubt it was one of the best decisions I have ever made!" Thank you Sincerely, Eileen
"Scott is dedicated to his franchisees and works as hard for them as he does for his company-owned store. He is a tireless worker and is always full of great ideas." Jane & Todd (13 year franchisee, owner of 4 salons)
Sharkey's Cuts for Kids is currently accepting inquiries from the following states:
Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District Of Columbia, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Wyoming
Interested parties should have at least $150,000 in liquid capital to invest.
Here are some other suggestions in the same category that you selected
A professional company with 23 years of experience offering investors an opportunity building a business in the expanding, worthwhile and respected space of health and wellness offerings. HealthyYOU Vendingblends an…
60k Minimum Cash Required
JUNK CHUCKERS is offering a rare opportunity for you to be a REGIONAL FRANCHISE DEVELOPER in any of the 48 USA contiguous states. A regional franchise developer has no employees, no office requires, no trucks, no dumpster,…
150k Minimum Cash Required
We build and scale eBay businesses for our clients by helping automate all inventory management tasks, keeping account health in great condition, inventory monitoring, 24/7 customer service, and helping to automate any and…
40k Minimum Cash Required
We build and scale Amazon stores for our clients by helping automate all inventory management tasks from account health monitoring to 24/7 customer service. Learn more now
40k Minimum Cash Required
COVID & the Impending RECESSION = Roughly 11 million houses hit the market for pennies on the dollar! Now is the best time to invest since the housing crash of 2008 which created more millionaires than any other time in…
30k Minimum Cash Required
Explore a recession-proof franchise with the unique benefit of a residual income stream. Brightway produces winning outcomes for franchisees and their customers by offering access to customized insurance solutions from a…
50k Minimum Cash Required
Celebree School is a thought leader for early childhood education. Established in 1994 by a founder with no background in education, we now have 26 corporately owned schools companied with 50 franchise locations throughout…
250k Minimum Cash Required
Club SciKidz is an educational and technology enrichment program for children ages 4 to 15 that utilizes interactive presentations of structured science-themed activities in a fun, nurturing environment. Our STEM summer camps…
80k Minimum Cash Required
Ready for a unique approach to a rapidly growing industry? A Place At Home offers Senior-Focused Care, Multiple Revenue Streams, and an ultra-scalable pandemic resilient model with large territories still available!
70k Minimum Cash Required
Fibrenew is the world's largest franchise in leather, plastic & vinyl Restoration. With 300+ Franchise Partners in 6 countries, 35+ years of history, and plenty of room for expansion, now is the time to look at…
30k Minimum Cash Required
Minuteman Press is an essential B2B print & marketing franchise that has remained open through Covid-19. Our customer service driven business model provides digital print, design and promotional services to businesses. Learn…
70k Minimum Cash Required
Express Employment Professionals is the top staffing franchise in North America. Ranked #1 by Entrepreneur Magazine for nine years in a row, we have 825 awarded locations with an average of more than $6 million in top-line…