"Passive ownership is what Sharkey's is all about”, says CEO Scott Sharkey. “ We have been able to combine a passive ownership franchise with a model that is 100% recession proof for today and years to come. Sharkey's Cuts for Kids is not one of those trendy franchises where maybe you make back your ROI within 3-5 years before your concept gets replaced by something bigger, better, or more trendy. Our franchise offers people the opportunity to invest in a brand that has longevity, is fun to run, is recession proof and has very little competition. Kids always need haircuts and you cannot get that on Amazon.
Our goal is to give people a passive ownership opportunity at a very nominal cost. Its longevity is an investment, giving owners the option to pass their business down to future generations".
Sharkey's really sets itself apart from the competitors with our well planned design and unequaled entertainment factor. We don't just cater to the youngest of children or one gender - we have positioned ourselves in the market for kids of all ages (0-14), and adults as well! Once children come to the salon they want to come again and again for the overall experience. We have extremely high brand loyalty among our young customers and their parents.
Candidate Key Points
- Turn-key package at $119,995. Discount for multiple units with granted exclusive territories.
- Passive ownership is preferred.
- Low cost total investment of approximately $142,920 - $184,495.
- 100% recession proof.
- Best designed kid’s salon franchise for attracting kids above the ages of 6. If your salon is too “baby-ish” or “cartoony it will not attract the older kids. You cannot sustain a profitable business in this industry if you only focus on and attract kids between the ages of 0-6. Sharkey’s is the best at attracting all age kids because our salon is designed appeal to little ones and bigger kids as well. We have something for everyone and that makes us a one-stop shop for busy parents. Sharkey’s is the ONLY kids salon designed with the older kids in mind. Why would you invest in a children’s hair salon franchise that only attracts a small segment of the market when you can invest in Sharkey’s and ensure a larger base from which to pull your business.
- Multiple revenue streams and state of the art salon software. Tops in industry. Franchisees can log into their salon desktop from the kitchen table or a laptop anywhere and see everything in real time. Sharkey’s software allows customers to book appointments with their favorite stylist online. Approximately 70% of all appointments are being booked online at Sharkey’s corporate salon.
- The Franchisor will visit you personally and choose the perfect location for your Sharkey’s salon.
*One of only a few franchise concepts or brands in the entire industry that you can actually say will not be obsolete in 2-5 years. Kids always need haircuts and Amazon will not offer that!
Training & Support
- Training is included in Sharkey’s turnkey franchise package and takes place in Westport, CT. You will be picked up at the airport and brought to your hotel which is directly across from Sharkey’s corporate headquarters. Over the course of 3 days you will spend time with our training staff, as well as multiple hours of one-on-one time with the Franchisor, Scott Sharkey.
- A Sharkey’s representative will be present for your Grand Opening and will assist you in training your stylists and receptionists prior to opening.
- Sharkey’s software company will give you many hours of one-on-one training so you are ready for your Grand Opening. Sharkey’s software company is also available 24/7 for any questions or support issues.
- Looking for passive owners who would like to stay in their current job and open multiple locations. No hair experience necessary.
- Interested in running the business from a remote location or from home.
- Fairly good social media skills, but not required, as this can be outsourced.
- Sharkey’s validates incredibly well, without an item 19.
- Sharkey’s is available for a one-on-one call with the Franchisor, Scott Sharkey, once you are ready to take the next steps. Evenings are available as well.
- Average validation process time: 5-10 days.
- Average time frame from initial call to signing of franchise agreement: 26 days.