Tin Drum Asian Kitchen
Founded 2003 in Atlanta, GA, Tin Drum is inspired by the energy and atmosphere of the streets of Asia. The fast-casual restaurants are typically 1800-2200 sqft. and serve hits from Asia such as stir fry, noodle, curry, fresh garden, and sandwiches prepared in a dramatic wok theatre style kitchen. We are looking for those who want in on the next big thing in global dining in the Southeast and TX.
What Does a Tin Drum Asian Kitchen Franchise Cost?
To buy a franchise with Tin Drum Asian Kitchen, you'll need to have at least $150,000 in liquid capital and a minimum net worth of $500,000. Franchisees can expect to make a total investment of $400,800 - $617,250. They also offer a discount for veterans (10%). *
Options available to franchisees:
Facts about this franchise:
|Home Office:||Atlanta, GA
About Tin Drum Asian Kitchen
Tin Drum stands alone in the fast-casual industry with its bold flavors, inviting atmosphere, and its dedication to producing an authentic Pan-Asian food experience.
When Tin Drum first launched in 2003, Steven Chan had a mission to create something that incorporated the flair and flavors from countries across Asia into a concept that adventurous American palates could enjoy.
Now a 20-year veteran of the restaurant industry, Chan has seen his creation come to life through the vibrant energy, inspired architecture, and belief that everyone should have access to upscale Asian cuisine at an affordable price.
- High revenue, high profits: Low overhead, combined with a basic (but beautiful) layout help keep margins high, with average net revenues at $853,810!*
- More affordable investment: A streamlined layout and minimal equipment requirements help keep the initial investment affordable at just $400,800!
- Almost no direct competition: There’s no other franchise in the U.S. right now that offers upscale, affordable Pan-Asian food in the fast-casual market!
- Fun! Amazing food served in an inviting atmosphere — people are ready to get together again, have great food and have a good time. You can be the one to bring that feeling back to your community!
*Refer to 2021 Franchise Disclosure Document- Item 19 Table 3A
Why 2021 Presents a Historic Opportunity to Invest in the Fast-Casual Industry
There’s a restaurant revolution going on right now in the United States: People are ready to eat out again (especially without masks!), but a return to normal doesn’t mean going back to the way things were completely.
While the full-service restaurant industry faces uncertainty, fast-casual food is one of the fastest-growing industries in the country right now,
- People want fresh, fun, and something they haven’t tried before: Tin Drum serves true-to-form international flavor unlike any other Asian food restaurant.
- People are ready to interact with other humans again: After being cooped up for a year, people need to get out and come together in a place that’s got atmosphere and energy.
- People want to eat out again: Going out to eat again is #1 on a lot of people’s to-do lists for 2021 — there’s never been an opportunity quite like this one to open a restaurant.
- The fast-casual industry was a $125.6 billion industry in 2020 and is expected to reach $209.1 billion by 2027.1
But, people are forever changed: takeout and delivery will continue to be an important (and fast-growing) part of the industry.
- Food app delivery has doubled since 2017
- Delivery industry anticipated to reach $42 billion by 2025
Fortunately, Tin Drum was already doing about 40% of their business with takeout and delivery, even before 2020. The infrastructure and technology is already built-in to take advantage of this growth!
Simple layout, Better Profits
How can you earn NET revenue of $853,810* with an investment of only $400,800?
While Tin Drum has no direct competitors, some restaurants that operate in a similar space cost much more to open and much more to operate (anywhere between $500,000 and $2 million)!
Smaller footprint: The average Tin Drum location is between 1,800 and 2,200 square feet. Other similar concepts range from 2,800 - 3,500 square feet.
Minimal equipment: Because of Tin Drum’s streamlined operations, less equipment is required to quickly and efficiently serve bold, delicious food from all around Asia.
Less overhead: Tin Drum offers an upscale, but affordable experience — customers order at the counter (fewer employees to hire).
Other restaurant concepts in this segment of the fast-casual industry are either 1) much more expensive to open, 2) require much more equipment to make a single dish or 3) don’t provide anywhere near the quality of food Tin Drum provides its customers.
*Refer to 2021 Franchise Disclosure Document- Item 19 Table 3A
Who We’re Looking For
You can own a restaurant with an average net revenue of $853,810* without any restaurant industry experience!
One of Tin Drum’s driving beliefs is that “the sun shines equally on everyone.” When Founder Steven Chan and his team decided to franchise Tin Drum, they wanted it to be affordable, accessible and help more people live their American dream.
Because of the streamlined process, you can serve upscale, great-tasting food without being a master chef.
Because of the simple business model, you can own a restaurant without restaurant industry experience (although it obviously helps).
But there are a few things that an ideal Tin Drum Owner will need to be successful:
- A strong business background
- Passion for serving bold, high-quality food
- Dedication, commitment, and a strong work ethic
- The desire to grow, grow, grow!
Additionally, Tin Drum is a perfect opportunity for current restaurant owners who are looking to expand their portfolio!
*Refer to 2021 Franchise Disclosure Document Item 19- Average Gross Sales of combined Table 1 and Table 3
Get Started Today
Now’s the perfect time to own a fast-casual restaurant. People are more ready than ever to dine out and get together with friends and family again. This is an especially good opportunity for a multi-unit Owner. While other similar concepts have extremely limited availability, Tin Drum is now being offered nationwide, even in high-demand markets!
But whether you want to start out with one Tin Drum — or rule over your city as the new leader of fast-casual cuisine — we want to talk to you! Start the process today and bring bold, authentic Asian cuisine to your town.
Tin Drum Asian Kitchen is currently accepting inquiries from the following states:
Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District Of Columbia, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, North Carolina, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Wyoming,
Interested parties should have at least $150,000 in liquid capital to invest.