Totally Low Carb Stores Franchise Information:
Welcome to Totally Low Carb Foods!
USA Today recently wrote that "The nations diet industry is a $30 billion annual diet pie and that 15 million to 30 million Americans are shedding weight on low-carb, high protein diets."
We at TLC specialize in innovating within the arena of healthy foods. Our regular stores have the capability of stocking gluten free, low carb, high protein, products and specialized items for needs such as one would find with Diabetics. The ability to provide complete meals with a "take out" counter and then perhaps even moving into delivery to office buildings for families that desire their meals pre-prepared and then eaten at home with the family. This includes our TLC Treats theme of low carb ice cream, smoothies, shakes, candies, cookies etc. These locations would be in high traffic and demand areas such as convention centers, tourist attractions, airports and office buildings. The next area is specialized food items through vending machines primarily in office centers, which currently feature such products as Fritos, Potato Chips, candy bars and other items not conducive to a healthy diet.
The stores range from 700 sq. ft. to 2,200 sq. ft. for a full location. Investments range from $30,000 for a Regional Developer to approx. $160,000 for a complete store. We provide America the answer to balanced lifestyle changes that include regular exercise, in some stores regular weekly health analyses, and seminars for specific groups of dieters.
A typical "take out" meal might include chicken scaloppini with sautéed asparagus and creamed spinach with caramelized onions: Mediterranean chicken with steamed broccoli and green beans au gratin; also, port paillard on a bed of sautéed spinach and caramelized onions drizzled in Dijon cream with Parmesan zucchini and sautéed green beans.
The Low-Carbohydrate Lifestyle
- 65% of American adults are overweight or obese
- 35% of American children are overweight or obese
- 17 million Americans suffer from obesity-complicated diabetes
- 16 million Americans are considered pre-diabetic
In an effort to improve their overall health and appearance, many Americans today are embracing widespread changes to their diet and lifestyle. Retail sales of sugar-free foods and beverages are projected to reach 10 billion dollars by 2007! At the very forefront of this movement is the low-carbohydrate solution.
Originally coming to prominence in the 1970s, and today the foundation of highly publicized eating plans such as The Atkins Diet, The Zone, The South Beach Diet and several others, restricting carbohydrates in one's diet has fast and lasting impact on health and weight levels.
Placing emphasis on high fiber and protein intake as opposed to simple sugars and white flour, the low-carbohydrate diet provides many health benefits including balancing of blood sugar levels, swift weight loss, and maintenance of desirable weight. Stability in weight is a key factor in the prevention of serious health problems such as heart disease, diabetes, and high blood pressure.
As the low-carb movement rapidly gains momentum, credibility and popularity, Americans are increasingly seeking low-carbohydrate alternatives to their favorite foods. These options are rarely offered at standard supermarkets or even through most specialty-foods outlets.
The Benefits of Joining the TLC Family
Please complete the email form below for more franchise information.
- Ownership and operation of your Totally Low-Carb Foods Store, while benefiting from the established vendors and suppliers, industry knowledge, experience, ideas, strategies, inspiration and motivation of the TLC Company;
- Volume Purchasing Power as part of our retail franchisee community, as opposed to expensive single-outlet purchasing of goods;
- Education Services to provide you with your Low-Carb Workshop License along with systemic, step-by-step training, both at an existing TLC location and at your Store, when open;
- Consulting Services designed specifically to help you capitalize on the rapidly expanding low-carb market with advertising and promotional support and inventory analysis;
- Document Services, providing you with financial and accounting assistance, as well a business plan, demographics report, and inventory database transfer;
- Support for your Store's Grand Opening;
- Ongoing personal assistance from a TLC Field Mentor;
- Protection under TLC's identifying service marks, trademarks, copyrights, patents, designs, and proprietary information;
- Support, uniformity and harmony in philosophy, products, interior and exterior appearance, layout, design, and set-up, shared with all TLC outlets;
- Significantly lower risk of failure and/or loss of investment than associated with an independent venture.