1. How was your franchise/opportunity originally conceived and started?
I’ve enjoyed many years of being a financial advisor. When I started I was fascinated with all there was to know. But I devoured the information because I was astonished how knowing about money could be so transformative, not just the how, but the why.
As time went on I worked with people that trusted me to manage their multi-million dollar estates. I hosted a radio show and ran a very successful investment advisory firms in the USA. I architected and developed the technology for financial coaches and advisors to run efficient and profitable practices.
Yet, I somehow found it more and more difficult to wake up and get motivated for my day. I had lost my passion for what I did. What I later realized… what I found that fed my soul, was working with people whose lives were transformed by working with me. Directly experiencing the joy that comes with an epiphinal moment in my clients.
I wanted to create a platform that could help the masses that have always been grossly underserved or altogether ignored by traditional financial services. The catalyst was that I realized that 90% of the wealth we build lies in our habits and behaviors with money. It’s not about how much we make or the rate of return on an investment. That’s why the rich get richer and the poor stay poor because the industry meant to help us is focused on the other 10% of what builds wealth which keeps us from break out success.
75% of Americans stress about money and only 1/3 of Americans maintain a household budget.
But few Americans know where to go for guidance on the 90%, how to synthesis the abundant knowledge available to them and, as a result, how to bridge the gap from poverty to prosperity. Financial Coaching can fill this gap.
2. What was your original vision for your company? How has that changed over time?
To solve the great American household financial crisis by empowering people to become financially independent.
3. What do you believe is the single most important factor when choosing a franchise?
End to end systems
4. Why should someone choose your franchise over other similar franchises?
a.Low upfront cost
b.You can make a lot of money
c.You can work part time if you need to make a transition
d.You can work from home to keep overhead low
e.You need little to no equipment
f.You need no inventory
g.You need no employees
h.You need no licenses or higher education
i.You can build recurring revenue
j.Not an MLM
5. What makes your industry attractive?
- It satisfies a need that people will always have
- Coaching is the second fastest growing industry in the world and Financial Coaching in particular is the newest so there is a wonderful window of opportunity. Currently there are 1,700 Financial Coaches serving 43,000 American families which is a grain of sand compared to over one million financial professionals in the traditional industry.
- We live in a pro-wealth world, which translates into a desire and a programmed need to be well off. As individuals look for established paths to excel in personal finance, they are turning to coaching services. But, until UGRU there has not been a well-defined place to receive Financial Coaching.
- At the same time, we are living in uncertain times. The complexity, insecurity and fogginess with our financial future creates an innate need for help which is currently very product and sales driven. People know this and hold the traditional financial services industry suspect. Financial Coaching is an opportunity ripe for what people need.
6. What types of qualities do you look for in potential franchisees?
Financial Coaching can be very rewarding if you are:
- Money savvy and already helping people or
- Already in Financial Services and, want to add coaching as part of your service offering.
- A life/business coach and want to improve your skills in the personal finance side for your clients.
- In corporate America but have a passion for helping people make better decisions with their money.
7. What do your franchise fees and royalties cover?
UGRU Financial Coaches receive:
- 24 hours+ of coach training
- Unlimited online course access
- Live Weekly Coaching, Financial and Business Mastery meetings.
- Complete website
- Full product suite
- Sales landing pages
- Shopping carts
- Legal contracts for the client engagement
Full UGRU technology platform including:
- Full stack CRM
- Prebuilt workflows
- Prebuilt email drip campaigns
- Budget Tool
- Destinations financial planning software
- Coaches Corner
- PPT presentations
- Educational platform
- Other tools of the trade
- Lead sources
- Mentor Coach access to help with your first clients
During the training you will be building your business while you learn. By the time your training is complete your business is set up. We hand you the keys and you open the doors for business!
8. How do territories work for your franchisees?
There are no territories. The UGRU opportunity is built so you can work in a virtual environment so you or your clients can be anywhere in the world.
9. Why has your franchise model been successful?
Systems. You have your own financial experiences to draw on. If you:
- Harness those lessons
- Have ambition for success and
- Have a passion to help others
We have the rest covered. UGRU Coach training is powerful, unique and results oriented. Our training positions you to deliver financial coaching through an intense curriculum covering three areas of mastery:
- Business Mastery
- Coaching Mastery
- Financial Mastery
During the training program you will learn:
- How to master the coaching engagement
- How to convey complex financial matters in a simple way
- How to run your coaching business from A-Z
When the training is complete you are a part of a network of other Financial Coaches you can lean on for support.
10. Where do you see your franchise in 5 years and 10 years?
We see a hundreds of independent Financial Coaches using our systems to organize, connect and scale their practice to fulfill our mission of empowering Americans to financially prosper.
11. What is your favorite advice for new franchisees to help them succeed?
- Align yourself with someone that is willing to mentor you
- Work within a successful system that someone has created (you run the system, the system runs the business)
- Work virtual and keep your overhead low
- Use technology that you know has worked for other Financial Coaches
- Use Marketing that has worked for other Financial Coaches
12. What would you tell potential franchisees that may be nervous about the financial burdens of starting a franchise?
- Keep your overhead low. We are a debt free company and pass that savings on to you, so you have the best chance to succeed.
- The financial education you will learn with UGRU is world-class. This alone is a return on investment in spades.
13. Can you explain your financial assistance (if applicable)?
In house 12-month payment program and outside financing available.
14. On average, how long does it take to start a new franchise from the franchisees point of view?
In our experience, a determined business owner could be finished with training in 30 days and have a stream of appointments set within 2-3 weeks with the first paying clients coming in days after.
15. What was your background and experience before founding this franchise?
- Top quintile Merrill Lynch Advisor
- Public speaker
- Student of personal finance for 25 years
- Radio show host - Retirement Depot Radio
- Co-author - Asset Protection and Wealth Preservation
- Author - Right Where They Want You
- Author - The Unrivaled Advisor
- Top 1% Financial Advisor in USA (by revenue)
- Founder - Retirement Depot (a Registered Investment Advisory Firm)
- Founder/Architect - UGRU Financial CRM (Cloud Awards finalist - CRM Solution of the Year)
16. What awards has UGRU received?
Our technology that helps coahes run their practice was a Finalist for CRM Solution of the Year.
RALEIGH NORTH CAROLINA - 10 January 2017 - UGRU CRM Financial Software was a finalist in the 2016 - 2017 Cloud Awards Program in the category CRM Solution of the Year.