How was your franchise/opportunity originally conceived and started?
I’ve enjoyed many years of being a financial advisor. When I started I was fascinated with all there was to know. But I devoured the information because I was astonished how knowing about money could be so transformative, not just the how’s, but the why’s.
As time went on I worked with people that trusted me to manage their multi-million dollar estates. I hosted a radio show and ran one of the most successful investment advisory firms in the USA. I architected and developed the technology for financial coaches and advisors to run efficient and profitable practices.
But, of all that I somehow found it more and more difficult to wake up and get motivated for my day. I had lost my passion for what I did. What I later realized… what I found that fed my soul, was working with people whose lives were transformed by working with me. Directly experiencing the joy that comes with an epiphinal moment in my clients.
I wanted to create a platform that could help the masses that have always been grossly underserved or altogether ignored by traditional financial services. The catalyst was that I realized that 90% of the wealth we build lies in our habits and behaviors with money. It’s not about how much we make or the rate of return on an investment. That’s why the rich get richer and the poor stay poor because the industry meant to help us is focused on the other 10% of what builds wealth which keeps us from break out success.
75% of Americans stress about money and only 1/3 of Americans maintain a household budget.
But, few American's know where to go for guidance on the 90%, how to synthesis the abundant knowledge available to them and, as a result, how to bridge the gap from poverty to prosperity. Financial Coaching can fill this gap.
What was your original vision for your company?
To solve the great American household financial crisis.
Why should someone choose your franchise over other similar franchises?
- Low upfront cost
- You can make a lot of money
- You can work part time if you need to make a transition
- You can work from home to keep overhead low
- You need little to no equipment
- You need no inventory
- You need no employees
- You need no licenses or higher education
- You can make recurring revenue
- Not an MLM
What makes your industry attractive?
- It satisfies a need that people will always have
- Coaching is the second fastest growing industry in the world and Financial Coaching in particular is the newest so there is a wonderful window of opportunity. Currently there are 1,700 Financial Coaches serving 43,000 American families which is a grain of sand compared t over one million financial professionals in the traditional industry.
- We live in a pro-wealth world, which translates into a desire and a programmed need to be well off. As individuals look for established paths to excel in personal finance, they are turning to coaching services. But, until now there has not been a well-defined Financial Coaching sector.
- At the same time, we are living in uncertain times. The complexity, insecurity and fogginess with our financial future creates an innate need for help which is currently very product and sales driven. People know this and hold the traditional financial services industry suspect. Financial Coaching is an opportunity ripe for what people need.
What types of qualities do you look for in potential franchisees?
Financial Coaching can be very rewarding if you are:
- Money savvy and already helping people or
- Already in Financial Services and, want to add coaching as part of your service offering. Or,
- You’re already a life/business coach. And, want to improve your skills in the personal finance side for your clients. Or, you work
- In Corporate America but have a passion for helping people make better decisions with their money.
What do your franchise fees and royalties cover?
Being a part of the UGRU Coaching network you will enjoy:
- Done for you Sales and Marketing Materials
- Done for you Stories, analogies and coaching tips
- Mentor Coach access to help with your first clients
- Done for you schedule and curriculum
- Amazing proprietary technology to run your business with
- A coaching network that can drive new business to you
- Done for you world-class, SEO optimized website for your store front
- Marketing training that gets results
During the 12 week training you will be building your business while you learn. By the time your training is complete your business is set up. We hand you the keys and you open the doors for business!
How do territories work for your franchisees?
There are no territories. The UGRU opportunity is built so you can work in a virtual environment so your clients can be anywhere in the world.
Why has your franchise model been successful?
We are new but I would say that we all have our own positive and negative financial experiences to draw on. If you:
- Harness those lessons
- Have ambition for success and
- Have a passion to help others
We have the rest covered. The UGRU opportunity was designed by a successful expert who has helped hundreds of other aspiring financial professionals succeed and is now passionate about helping new Coaches become the same.
UGRU was founded by Ken Gulliver, a retired Financial advisor. He was in the Top 1% income earners in the USA. He is author of The Unrivaled Advisor and architect of UGRU financial software. Now, he has built a training program for people who want to be Financial Coaches.
UGRU Coach training is powerful, unique and results oriented. Our training positions you to deliver client coaching programs through an intense curriculum covering three areas of mastery:
- Coaching Mastery
- Financial Mastery
- Business Mastery
During the 12 week training program you will learn:
- How to master the coaching engagement
- How to convey complex financial matters in a simple way
- How to run your coaching business from A-Z
When the training is complete you are a part of a network of other Financial Coaches you can lean on for support, in particular, the Coach Trainers who will take new coaches under their wing and train them until they are comfortable on their own.
Where do you see your franchise in 5 years and 10 years?
I see a well-known name brand with thousands of Financial Coaches on the UGRU platform helping people through our mission to empower American’s to financially prosper.
What is your favorite advice for new franchisees to help them succeed?
- Align yourself with someone that is willing to mentor you
- Work within a successful system that someone has created (you run the system, the system runs the business)
- Work virtual and keep your overhead low
- Use technology that you know has worked for other Financial Coaches
- Use Marketing that has worked for other Financial Coaches
What would you tell potential franchisees that may be nervous about the financial burdens of starting a franchise?
Our fees are so low it shouldn’t be considered a financial burden.
On average, how long does it take to start a new franchise from the franchisees point of view?
90 days of training an about 90 days to fill your sales pipeline. However, there are ways to make money during the training program
What was your background and experience before founding this franchise?
I was a Financial Advisor for 20 years, was in the Top 1% income earners in the USA. Author of The Unrivaled Advisor and architect of UGRU financial software.
Do you have any franchisee testimonials or success stories that you would like to share?
“UGRU equips you with the tools to coach others”- John B. UGRU Financial Coach
“Coaching, financial and business training, website, marketing and technology…what more could a coach ask for?”- Tina B. UGRU Financial Coach
“Wonderful coaching. If only I had followed it earlier”- Suzanne G., Client
“Helped us into a home and pay off debt we didn’t think was possible”- W. and B. Smith, Clients
“I was able to increase my net production 34% in my first 3 months!”- Lew Newton, Financial Advisor
“Very authentic, has the power to disturb the status quo”- Tim M., Financial Advisor
Our technology that helps coaches run their practice was a Finalist for CRM Solution of the Year.
Raleigh North Carolina – 10 January 2017 – UGRU CRM Financial Software was a finalist in the 2016-2017 Cloud Awards Program in the category CRM Solution of the Year.