Challenge Island is an established, proven system created and led by an award-winning educator, internationally-syndicated parenting journalist and Random House parenting author. Challenge Island is a one of a kind franchise opportunity with a nurturing family-like franchise culture. Join us where engineering meets imagination! This is the perfect opportunity for educators and those who have a passion for teaching!
What Does a Challenge Island Franchise Cost?
To buy a franchise with Challenge Island, you'll need to have at least liquid capital of $50,000. They also offer financing via 3rd party as well as a discount for veterans. *
Financial requirements for this franchise:
What does Liquid Capital mean?
Options available to franchisees:
|Financing:||Via 3rd party
Facts about this franchise:
|Home Office:||Atlanta, GA
With over 150 franchises and a critically-acclaimed children's STEAM book series, Challenge Island is the World's #1 STEAM Franchise. Boasting dozens of Entrepreneur Magazine rankings and Parents Picks Awards, Challenge Island has enriched the lives of over 5 million children in over 10,000 schools and community organizations.
An established, proven franchise system with a nurturing, family-like franchise culture, Challenge Island was founded and created by its CEO, Sharon Duke Estroff, an award-winning educator, internationally-syndicated parenting journalist and Random House parenting author. This is the perfect opportunity for educators and those who have a passion for teaching!
Challenge Island learning adventures are set on an archipelago of whimsical island settings like Super Star Island, Cool Careers Island, Rainforest Island and Dazzling Decades Island. Wrapped in whimsical trimmings (colorful headbands, team spirit, and the beat of the Challenge Island drum), kids work collaboratively through Challenge Island’s signature STEAMbuilding® process to tackle challenges, using only a treasure chest full of low-tech supplies and their boundless imaginations. A sense of excitement and wonder fill the air as children enter new worlds of learning and adventure through Challenge Island field trips, classes, camps, scout workshops, family fun nights and STEAMbuilding® events.
With the release of the first book in the Challenge Island book series on National STEAM Day 2021, kids will be able to experience the magic of Challenge Island programs and the magic of reading all at the same time!
“One thing that makes Challenge Island stand out from the competition is what it lacks. You’ll find no screens or digital devices in a Challenge Island after-school class, camp or family night. Instead, kids working together in tribes, are encouraged to use imagination, teamwork, and problem-solving skills to come up with creative solutions to challenges using a treasure-chest full of low-tech art supplies.”
- Over 150 Franchise Units Across the United States and Internationally
- A One-of-a-Kind, Standard-Aligned, Cross-Curricular STEAM Adventure Embraced by Schools, Parents and Children Worldwide
- All-In Cost Under 50K for a Single Territory
- A Nurturing and Supportive Family-like Franchise Culture
- Home-Based/Mobile Business with Large, Protected Territories
- 100’s of Common Core and Next Generation Science Standard-Aligned Lesson Plans
- A Treasure Trove of Ready to Go Marketing Templates and Collateral to Use in Your Local Market
- No Screens or Digital Devices Keeps Kids Franchisee Costs Down While Allowing for Infinite and Simultaneous Scaling
- Multiple Profit Centers include afterschool classes, in-school field trips, camps, scout workshops, birthday parties, virtual programs, corporate STEAMbuilding and Challenge Island Senior.
- Fun, Fulfilling Career that Allows You to Make a Difference as Well as Income
- Created and Led by an Award-Winning Educator, Author, and Nationally Acclaimed Parenting Expert
- Unparalleled Franchisee Support Network
Why Challenge Island
Challenge Island is a franchise opportunity like no other. We are a caring, creative and cohesive community of 100 franchise owners who are changing the world one child at a time while building personally and financially rewarding home-based businesses and careers. A passionate, purpose-driven company that is not afraid to push boundaries and break barriers, the Challenge Island franchise concept is wonderfully outside the box in almost every way. From the moment you attend our virtual Discovery evening, you will feel the difference and – if the fit is right – you will the also feel magic. As you meet our fabulous franchisees, you will feel their palpable passion and enthusiasm for our franchise brand and family. Whether you are an educator looking for your next step, a corporate mom trying to find balance, or a seasoned professional seeking a new career path that will fulfill you personally as well as financially, Challenge Island is worth a visit. And if the fit is right, it will be our pleasure to welcome you home.
Benefits of Owning a Challenge Island Franchise
- World’s #1 STEAM Franchise with over 150Franchise Units in the US and Internationally
- Critically-Acclaimed Challenge Island Book Series Helps Build Your Local Challenge Island Business
- Dozens of Entrepreneur Magazine and Parents Picks Awards
- Large Protected Territory based on Zip Codes
- Works Well in Rural, Suburban and Urban Franchise Locations
- Project-Based Learning Curriculum Works for Every Age Student
- Award-winning, One-of-a-kind, Standard-Aligned Experience that is Enthusiastically Embraced by Public and Private Schools, School Districts, and Non-Profits
- Programs Can be Run Onsite or Virtually
- Year-Round Income Potential
- Extensive and On-Going Training with Continuous, Fresh Curriculum and Programming
- Owners Enjoy Partnerships Nationwide with Non-Profit Organizations Including the Girl Scouts and Boys and Girls Clubs
- Challenge Island Gives You the Opportunity to Make a Difference as Well as an Income
Training & Support
Our training takes place in Atlanta (or virtually, depending on circumstances) where you will meet with the corporate team and get to know us behind the scenes. During this training, you will get an opportunity to see and participate in Challenge Island workshops where you will witness the true magic of our program. You will learn the ins and outs Challenge Island franchise ownership, from marketing your programs to orchestrating them to spreading your roots wide and far. You will learn how to share the Challenge Island story in a way that will make your community welcome you and your new business with open arms.
Don’t worry, training doesn’t stop when you head home! Once you are part of this unique tribe, you will find support every step of the way from both our amazingly hands-on corporate and our wonderfully helpful Owners Tribe.
Our Challenge Island owners come from a range of backgrounds with 50% being former educators and the other 50% coming from sales, marketing and other corporate careers. While there is no one-size-fits-all profile, our owners tend to share the following core characteristics:
- Visionary and passionate, aiming to make a difference AND an income.
- A love working with children coupled with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Fun and outgoing personalities and strong communication skills.
- Team Players Who Enjoy Collaborating with our Owners' Tribe
- Creative Thinkers with Big Dreams and a Fundamental Growth Mindset
- Like Our Icon, the Palm Tree, Our Owners are Fundamentally Flexible, Resilient and Grounded in Their Purpose
- Still Can’t Believe That a Franchise Like Challenge Island Actually Exists!
Request More Information Today!
Challenge Island has received the following awards and acknowledgements:
Entrepreneur Franchise 500 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018; Entrepreneur Top Global Franchise 2021, 2020; Entrepreneur Fastest Growing Franchises 2021, 2020, 2019; Entrepreneur Top Low Cost Franchises 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018; Entrepreneur Top Home Based Franchises 2021, 2020; Parents Picks Award 2021, 2018
Challenge Island is currently accepting inquiries from the following states:
Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, District Of Columbia, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maine, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, North Carolina, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, Wyoming
Interested parties should have at least $50,000 in liquid capital to invest.
Here are some other suggestions in the same category that you selected
Explore a recession-proof franchise with the unique benefit of a residual income stream. Brightway produces winning outcomes for franchisees and their customers by offering access to customized insurance solutions from a…
50k Minimum Cash Required
We build and scale Amazon businesses for our clients by helping automate all inventory management tasks, keeping account health in great condition, inventory monitoring, 24/7 customer service, and helping to automate any and…
10k Minimum Cash Required
We build, manage and scale Amazon FBA stores for our clients who are looking for a completely automated stream of passive income. Our company leverages international partnerships with wholesale suppliers and uses an in-house…
25k Minimum Cash Required
We build and scale Amazon stores for our clients by helping automate all inventory management tasks from account health monitoring to 24/7 customer service. Learn more now
40k Minimum Cash Required
A professional company with 23 years of experience offering investors an opportunity building a business in the expanding, worthwhile and respected space of health and wellness offerings. HealthyYOU Vendingblends an…
60k Minimum Cash Required
At Mister Sparky, we understand that growing an electrical services company can be stressful—we’ve been helping franchise owners create their success stories since 2006! It’s our priority to make owning an electrical…
75k Minimum Cash Required
Now more than ever, containment systems are utilized in and even required by medical and educational environments. This is your chance to grow. Your franchise will operate within the growing $120 billion construction…
50k Minimum Cash Required
Ready to join the future of online shopping? Our E-Commerce Future Partner Program is your ticket in! Experience hands-off Amazon stores that effortlessly generate passive returns every month, taking advantage of Amazon’s…
30k Minimum Cash Required
One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning started with a simple premise: take care of the comfort of customers, and they’ll trust your business for as long as they live near it. Using this idea, we’ve grown to more than 375…
75k Minimum Cash Required
Own a National Lending & Financial Services Business. Serious Inquiries Only: We are only accepting individuals who have at least $20,000 cash to invest (please note - we do not provide loans or grants) and are ready to get…
20k Minimum Cash Required
Join the largest network of CBD brick and mortar stores. Enjoy the perks of owning your own successful business while also making a difference through partnerships, community, education, experience, and only the highest…
70k Minimum Cash Required
Mr. Electric has built tested and effective systems for business success over the past 20 years. In addition to a solid foundation for success, Mr. Electric franchisees also benefit from research and expertise in new and…