El Pollo Loco Restaurant Franchise Information:
One Hot Concept
The secret to El Pollo Loco's success is our great tasting food. Our menu has a broad and deep consumer acceptance across a wide span of demographic and socioeconomic sectors and is a healthy alternative to traditional fast food.
*Source: Nation's Restaurant News, June 28, 2004
- 50% lunch and 50% dinner during 13-hour operating day
- The highest AUV of any combined franchised and company-operated chicken concept in the country*
- Exclusive development territories
- Solid track record with 25 years experience
- Ed cap, in-line and freestanding drive-thru options
- Strong catering opportunities
The first El Pollo Loco, or "The Crazy Chicken," began as a roadside chicken stand in the small town of Guasave on Mexico's Pacific Coast. It featured an authentic family recipe - fresh chicken marinated in special herbs, spices and citrus juices and then flame-grilled to perfection. The restaurant quickly became a local favorite. In 1980, the first California restaurant opened.
Today, El Pollo Loco is owned by American Securities Capital Partners, a New York-based equity investment group and Company Management. The tradition continues with signature dishes that satisfy the consumer's desire for flavorful food that fits well with today's healthy lifestyles. We're currently flame-grilling marinated chicken in 322 El Pollo Loco restaurants: 137 are owned and operated by the company and 185 are owned by franchisees.
We've assembled an experienced senior management team as well as a dedicated franchise support staff to help you get your new restaurant up and running.
We provide the following:
- Franchise operations support with Franchise Consultants who are specifically assigned to new franchisees to keep them continually updated on new information and procedures important to their business
- Grand opening marketing plans specifically tailored to your new market to help you build strong sales from the moment you open the doors
- State-of-the-art marketing intranet site with turn-key marketing programs and materials
- On-going product development to keep your menu fresh and relevant
- Our expert real estate team will work with you in market planning and site selection to determine the best possible locations for your restaurants
Catch The Fire! Here's What It Takes
- Seven weeks pre-opening training for franchisee and restaurant managers
- Franchise training consultants offering on-going training programs for crew and management
- Support and guidance in recruiting, hiring, training and retaining the top employees
Please complete the email form below for more franchise information.
- Desire to provide a unique and relevant product
- Current multi-unit restaurant operator or investor seeking to diversify portfolio
- Minimum net worth of $1.5 million with liquidity of $750,000
- An interest in opening a minimum of three locations in 48 months
- Recognize the value of investing in and expanding with a restaurant chain that has a solid track record