Becoming a ki'netikFITNESS studio owner.
Starting your own business can be pretty stressful, but statistics show that franchises fair far better than start-ups. The reason for that is the franchise is a proven model. In a franchise the inevitable mistakes that start-ups experience have already been made, and have been corrected and eliminated. Additionally, you have support for the unique hurdles you will encounter at your location. Furthermore, the company is continually refining the process to make it run even more smoothly and ensure that the concept is up to date within the fitness industry. As the saying goes, with franchising,
"You're in business for yourself, not by yourself."
At ki'netikFITNESS our goal is to improve the health of this country, one community at a time. For this, we need special people. We are not a looking for absentee owners. We want passionate owner/operators that desire to run a prosperous business bettering people's lives.
We look for the following qualities in our franchisees:
- Passionate about fitness
- Equally passionate about helping people
- Good management skills
- Willingness to put in long hours in the beginning
The ki'netikFITNESS model has proven to be a strong one. We have experienced substantial growth in one of the tougher economies in recent times, and we did this in a relatively small town. Our model is efficient and profitable, and doesn't require a large space or staff.
Here are some of the key points you need to know about:
- Low franchise fee - at $12,700, our franchise fee is one of the lowest in franchising in any industry. Veterans pay only $8,000.
- Low royalty fee - at only 2.5% of gross sales, we also have one the lowest royalty fees in the industry.
- Low upfront costs - depending on the proposed facility, upfront costs can be as low as $59,500 or as much as $138,700. Those figures include your $12,700 franchise fee. Our model does not consist of any high-cost exercise machines like treadmills, selectorized equipment, tanning beds, etc. Some of the upfront costs can be initially offset through loans, low-interest credit cards, and payment plans.
- Low overhead - small staff, small to moderate space needs, no electricity-using equipment, no expensive equipment to lease - equals a far more mangeable monthly overhead than most fitness facilities.
Successful franchisees come from a variety of backgrounds and have a variety of experiences. Having all of the following qualifications will not guarantee your success, and lacking in one or two areas does not automatically disqualify you. Passion, management skills, and a strong work ethic are by far the qualities we look for the most.
Here are the others:
- Liquid funds of $15,000 to 30,000 -as shown above, overall costs will range from $59,500 to $138,700, but many of your initial costs can be paid in installments through various sources. The liquid funds are needed mostly as additional funds during your first few months of operation.
- Fitness industry experience.
- Management experience.
- The willingness to devote long hours to your business during it's infancy
- Community minded - What we mean by this is that you will not be just offering a workout. We will help you create a community of fitness-minded people. Promoting exercise-based as well as non-exercise-based gatherings to bring your membership together is part of the brand. Not everyone is cut out for this. If you love fitness and love helping people, you will love owning a ki'netikFITNESS.
Your Support System
This is the part we love. As gym owners we've loved going the extra mile for our clients and as a result our clients have enjoyed a much higher success rate than at other gyms. As franchisors we love the idea of putting that same type of care into assisting you in being successful in your business. We are not there to do it for you. This is your business. We are there to guide you, support you, and keep you on the right path to success. We know the phrase is used a lot in the franchising industry, but we really feel it couldn't be better said, "You're in business for yourself, not by yourself."
Here's what you can expect:
- Discovery Day - come out to our headquarters location, see the operation in action, meet us and our staff, and get a feel for the character of our company. We want you to be sure that you and ki'netikFITNESS are a good fit.
- Site Selection Assistance - we will help you determine which commercial locations in your area are best suited for your ki'netikFITNESS studio.
- acility Layout and Design - we will assist in determining the layout of your facility based on it's shape, size, and structure. We also provide you with graphics files to brand your studio and giving it that professional polish and instant credibility.
- Training - shortly before opening your new studio you'll come back to headquarters to attend the 5-day ki'netik University training course. During the course you will learn all aspects of running your ki'netikFITNESS business effectively.
- Operations Manual - upon completion of the ki'netikUniversity course you will be given you Operations Manual. The manual details the daily operations of you ki'netikFITNESS studio.
- Initial Opening Visit - after attending the ki'netikUniversity course you're ready to open your facility. We will come to your location for a three-day visit prior to your Initial Opening. We will arrive two days before your opening day. Having us there will reduce the stress of the Initial Opening. We will be there to ensure everything is in place before opening your doors, and that it operates properly once they do open.
- 6-month Visit - even though you will have contact with the corporate office as often as you need it, six months after you open we will stop in again for a one-day visit to see your operation first hand and to make sure you're doing everything possible to be as profitable as possible.
- Ongoing Support - you are able to email and/or call when you need support along the way.
- Corporate Updates - remember, the headquarters location is a functioning ki'netikFITNESS studio. This location acts as our incubator. New exercises, new programs and contests, and new ad campaigns are all tested here first.
We are offering franchises at the discount rate ($8000) for the following states: PA, OH, WV, NJ, and Washington D.C.
If you'd like to get more information about becoming a ki'netikFITNESS owner please submit your contact information now!