The Knight School America
After School Chess Program for Kids, Low Investment Business! The Knight School is the perfect low-investment opportunity for an entrepreneur in the Phoenix area. This franchise-like business model offers kid-centered learning, world-class support to owners, and a start-up friendly, empowering future. Start making a difference in kids' lives and earning money today! With its turnkey business model, no teaching or chess background is needed.
What Does a The Knight School America License Cost?
To buy a license with The Knight School America, you'll need to have at least $20,000 in liquid capital and a minimum net worth of $20,000. Licensees can expect to make a total investment of $450 - $25,150. They also offer financing . *
Options available to Licensees:
Facts about this license:
Why Own Your Own The Knight School Location
The Knight School is sweeping the nation due to its revolutionary approach and its proven and veteran-educator-developed national curriculum.
New Owners that join now will be getting in near the ground floor of this fast-growing national phenomenon!
- Kid-Centered Learning
- World-Class Support
- Start-Up Friendly Format
- Autonomy-Enabling Career
- Rewarding Endeavor
- The Power to Change Lives
Knight School America website
Why Teach Chess?
- Profound Impact: Chess is the best and most well-researched way to positively impact young lives and make a meaningful difference for the next generation.
- Sustainable Business: Most kids' programs and activities are limited by 1-2 semesters of curriculum. Chess, however, is unique in that it takes a lifetime to master and continues to help kids grow indefinitely. That means with chess, kids continue to return, enrolling year after year.
- Easy for Beginners to Learn: With our seasoned guidance, you can quickly learn the chess you'll need to be an amazing chess teacher and chess business owner, even if you're starting completely from scratch.
- More than Trending: Chess has been played for 1,500 years at this point, and it's more popular now than it's ever been in history. If you're starting a business, you will need something you can count on sticking around.
Support For Our Owners
- Large Protected Territories: Unlike most other after-school program businesses, TKS's territories are large and sustainable for business owners. Compared to some organizations, our territories are over 10 times as large.
- Educator Established and Proven: When you start a TKS Business, you get a nationally standardized curriculum that was created by veteran classroom educators in 2007 and since has been honed and proven year after year and in location after location.
- Packaged Lessons: Every lesson for every age group throughout every single week of the school year and summer has been packaged and can be digitally accessed by TKS owners.
- Business Training: When you are starting out, TKS will take you from A to Z to make sure you are equipped and ready. We cover everything from sales to customer service and from classroom management to training of your own future staff.
- Chess Training: We don't assume you even know how to name the pieces when you start. If you want to help kids and you have the qualifications listed later on this webpage, we will teach you the chess you'll need to get started during our onboarding process.
- Consultation and Ongoing Support: Helping you succeed at having a thriving business is TKS's #2 priority, only after the wellbeing of the kids themselves. TKS is quick to respond and always willing to go the extra mile.
- Autonomy: Sometimes the best support is providing autonomy. While we will always be available for consultation, once you are up-and-running, we won't require constant, monthly updates and reports like many other businesses.
- Software: TKS Business Owners have free access to enrollment and attendance software as well as training to get set up.
- Supplies: TKS Business Owners have access to premium quality chess sets, all 52 unique silicone wristbands (representative of the lessons in our combined national curricula), trademarked t-shirts, and many other items.
- Kid-Centered Spirit: With TKS, you are starting a rare gem of a business that, from beginning to end truly places kids first and is genuinely making the world a better place. No gimmicks. Just authentically helping change kids' lives for the better.
- Much More: Just a handful of the additional ways that TKS supports its business owners are: tools to train your staff, tools to manage your business, regular newsletters that can be used in your own city for your families, access to our proven marketing plan, our innovative tech pack system for operating classes, and the network of other TKS Business owners.
Invest in Your Community
- Change Lives: Chess may be the best possible way to change lives and invest in the next generation!
- Scholarships: Most TKS Business Owners are able to give many, many partial and full scholarships to families that need it, making all the benefits of chess accessible to everyone.
- Sponsored Classes: There are many grants available and donors interested in providing chess to entire schools in their communities due to its many investments. Check out this School Mates Program video for example.
- Free Classes: Many of our TKS Business Owners offer some of their classes or camps totally for free. TKS Business Owners have the option to launch these free classes and are encouraged to do so as soon as they are comfortable with their new businesses!
Top 5 Qualifications for The Knight School Business Owners
No Chess Background Needed
- Desire to Make a Positive Impact: The most important factor is that City Coaches need to care deeply about making a difference in their communities and investing in the lives of young people. The Knight School was founded and is run to this day by educators and people with a desire to improve the lives of others.
- Drive: Owning a TKS Business can be a great path to personal autonomy, flexibility, and business-ownership. While we provide new TKS Business Owners the tools they need to succeed, their ultimate success, especially the first couple years, is determined primarily by their own commitment, effort, and determination.
- Great With People: TKS City Coaches are emotionally intelligent, warm, and professional human beings that exude positivity, regardless of whether they are interacting in-person, over the phone, or even over email. Local TKS Business Owners are the face of TKS for their respective cities, and The Knight School is very selective in this regard.
- Dependable: TKS City Coaches are people that have extremely strong attention-to-detail and can be counted on to follow-through on any and all commitments they make. They never cut corners, and they take their word seriously to the degree that it's a noticeable personality trait.
- Leadership: TKS Business Owners must be positive and supportive leaders for the School Coaches in their respective locations. Great candidates should either have prior leadership experience or understand that leadership is both a privilege and a responsibility and be committed to being a servant-leader for their future team.
Sound like you? Request information to learn more today!
Ready to Learn More?
We have more information on The Knight School America available today for you to review.
The Knight School America is currently accepting inquiries from the following states:
Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District Of Columbia, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Wyoming,
Interested parties should have at least $20,000 in liquid capital to invest.