Starting A Business
Starting a franchise can be a wonderful career opportunity. After all, you (the franchisee) don’t have to come up with a business idea from scratch. Instead, the franchise comes with a customer base for you to draw from, and many even offer training and financial support from the parent company (the franchisor). From the beginning, you are given the tools you need to become your own boss, create your own schedule, and take control of your career.
Where do you start when looking for franchises for sale, though? Which is the best franchise to buy? Before you get started, our advice is to figure out what you care about. Is it money, an easy startup, turning a passion into a career, supporting small franchises wanting to expand, or finding a good work-life balance? Lucky for you, we have created a list of the top franchises in 2022 for each of these categories. First, we’ll start with the best franchises for turning a major profit.
What Is the Most Profitable Franchise in 2022?
According to Entrepreneur, the most profitable franchises in 2022 are:
- Taco Bell: Famous for their Mexican-style food, Taco Bell comes in at #1 for Entrepreneur’s most profitable franchises. Because the brand is so widely known, you can guarantee that if you open one of these franchises that you will have customers pouring into your restaurant in no time. And when you open one, you won’t have to worry about finding a storefront somewhere because a new building will be constructed just for you.
- The UPS Store: UPS is one of the biggest shipping companies in the U.S., and you can be a part of the legacy when you open your own UPS Store. It’s about more than packing, shipping, or printing; it’s about becoming the business owner you have dreamed of becoming. The UPS Store will provide you with national advertising and marketing as well as ten days worth of training and the tools you need to grow your business. All of these factors will help set you up for success.
- Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen: Love that chicken from Popeyes? Then turn it into your career! Their New-Orleans style fried chicken keeps customers coming back. This franchise has more than 2,400 locations in the U.S. and over 600 worldwide, meaning it’s a brand with worldwide recognition. If you love food and have business experience, this is a good option for you.
Another highly profitable franchise to consider is:
- Wings Etc.: This is a sports-themed, family-friendly restaurant with more than just wings. This franchise focuses on feeling home-town and not overly corporate-y. They boast of a fan base that gets them because they get their customers. If you consider yourself an energetic, welcoming leader and have business ownership and management experience, then this franchise is a good option for you.
While the high profit franchises listed above are great because they do draw in large profits, they are not ideal for everyone because you typically need more liquid capital to even start one of these. For example, the franchises listed above require an initial investment anywhere between $186,000-$3,500,000. If you are one of those people looking for franchise opportunities but don’t have as much money to invest from the get-go, we have another list for you.
What Is the Most Affordable Franchise to Buy?
Some of the best low-cost franchises of 2022 are:
- Stratus Building Solutions provides environmentally friendly cleaning services to office buildings. Their cleaning products are Green Seal-certified, meaning that their products and services are up to Green Seal’s environmental standards. Your initial investment for this franchise may be as low as $4,000.
- Delivery Developers allows you to open your own UBEREATS in less than 12 weeks. This franchise is a good option for those who don’t want to spend lots of money right after opening their franchise because the franchisor will pay the majority of your expenses for the first six months you’re open. On top of that, you only need $15,000 in liquid capital to open this franchise. With training included with becoming a franchisee, you will definitely get great help financially and otherwise from the start.
- Impact Apprentice franchisees sell credit card processing to supermarkets, restaurants, and anywhere else that accepts credit card purchases. If you become a franchisee for Impact Apprentice, you only need $10,000 in total investment, and you have opportunities to win bonuses, prizes, and an all-expenses-paid vacation.
What Is the Fastest Growing Franchise in 2022?
What if you don’t necessarily want to invest in the most profitable franchise but you want to invest more money into a franchise than what is required in the list above? Then check out our list of fastest growing franchises. You might be able to turn your investment into major profits down the road by investing in one of these. Some of the fastest growing franchises of 2022 are:
- CarePatrol franchisees help families find the best senior living option for their loved ones. They are paid by the senior living providers within the CarePatrol network and not by the family themselves. If you want to make caring for families your career, this franchise might be a good fit for you. To start this franchise, you will need $50,000 in liquid capital.
- The Lending Network is a franchise for people who want to start franchising quickly. You should have at least $20,000 ready to invest and should be ready to get started within 30-60 days. Once you start, you can set your own hours and work from home. This franchise works to connect consumers with lenders, banks, and credit partners.
- Right at Home is looking for franchisees who want to turn their passion for serving others into a career. If you become part of this franchise, you will provide ongoing home assistance for those who are aging or who have disabilities. If you don’t have experience with home care, no need to worry. The franchisor will train you in their administrative, operational, sales, and marketing techniques you need to successfully run a home care franchise. You should have $150,000 in liquid capital before investing in this franchise.
- Nékter Juice Bar is passionate about making people feel good from the inside out. They use fresh, unprocessed products in their specialty juices, smoothies, and acaí bowls. If you are a health guru who has $100,000 in liquid capital and is interested in bringing healthy options to your community, this franchise is a great option for you!
What Are Some Small Franchises?
What if you don’t necessarily want to start a franchise based on money? Maybe you don’t care quite as much about turning a big profit, about starting a franchise that doesn’t cost quite as much, or even about getting in on a franchise before their profits are so high that their startup costs go up. Maybe you are more interested in supporting those up and coming franchises out there and working in a field you’re passionate about. We have a list for that, too. Some of the top emerging franchises in 2022 are:
- Minuteman Press is the world’s largest and #1 rated printing and marketing franchise. You don’t need any experience in print or marketing to own one of these franchises. You only need to have a knack for business. Minuteman Press’s mission is to work with business owners to get customers coming back for more. They achieve this by providing business owners with digital print, design, and promotional services. You will need $70,000 in liquid capital to start this franchise.
- Central Bark is a great franchise for dog lovers who have $200,000 in liquid assets. Its many services include:
- Enrichment doggy day care that stimulates both the dogs’ minds and bodies.
- A salon and spa that keeps dogs both cute and clean.
- Sleepover options for when owners take a trip.
- A market that sells everything dog owners might need for their little furballs.
- Training and enrichment classes using positive, reward-based techniques.
This franchise’s care and enrichment practices were influenced by the latest in canine behavioral science and technology.
- Apricot Lane Boutique is an ideal franchise for anyone interested in women’s fashion with $75,000 in liquid assets. The parent company will train franchisees to get ahead of competitors in bringing in new, reasonably priced styles to sell. And the best part for you more adventurous ones reading this? You get to hand pick the styles you want to sell. That means you can take what you know of the vibes of the local area and bring in looks that will reward you with loyal customers.
- D1 Training is worth investing in if you consider yourself a gym rat or played a sport in college. This franchise is more than just a typical gym. It provides members with coaches, fitness experts, and support personnel to help them find the right balance between cardio and strength training usually only found at Division 1 schools. You will need $250,000 in liquid capital to start this franchise.
- Kiddie Academy is for franchisees with $250,000 in liquid capital who dream of making a difference in children’s lives. Through a combination of nurturing, learning, and fun, the kiddies who come to this academy stay stimulated and constantly grow. For franchisees, this child care learning center franchise gives you:
- A business model and support
- A flexible weekday schedule
- The option to own or lease real estate
- Ongoing training for you and your director
If none of these franchises fit into your interests but you are interested in top new franchises of 2022 that are still small, you can find more options at Franchise Gator. And if you’re more interested in finding a franchise that offers good work-life balance instead of one that lets you monetize your passions, then our next list is better for you.
What Are Franchises That Run Themselves?
For the sake of this guide, we consider “franchises that run themselves” as those that give you a good work-life balance. Becoming the owner of a business can mean longer work hours, but it doesn’t have to. Here are some of the franchises that will keep your work life separate from your home life by giving you benefits like flexibility in schedule or more standard hours of operation.
- MaidPro is one of the most trusted names in home cleaning services. When you invest in them, you gain access to a national call center for service scheduling and a dedicated parent company who will give you support whenever you need it. They see their franchisees as family and make sure to listen to them for better rapport and business overall. As for work-life balance, you get nights and weekends off and a flexible schedule of your choosing, so you can leave your work at the office when you’re all done for the day.
- Handyman Connection repairs, restores, and maintains both residential and commercial properties. As a franchisee, you won’t need inventory or much staff. Plus, overhead is low, meaning you won’t have to spend much to run your business. On top of that, franchisees have flexible work schedules, so you won’t have to worry if you have appointments you need to go to or prefer working at certain times over others.
- Kitchen Tune-Up does exactly what their name suggests: they update homeowners’ kitchens in a way that meets any budget. Some of their services are:
- Wood restoration
- Cabinet refacing, redooring, and/or painting
- Custom cabinet solutions
This franchise also offers a flexible work schedule and the ability to work from home, so if you have other responsibilities to tend to, it won’t be an issue!
Find Which Franchise Is Best for You With Franchise Gator
Maybe the type of franchise you’re looking for didn’t make one of the lists above. That’s okay, because there are many more for you to choose from! You can find several other options at Franchise Gator. Just select a franchise category, location, or other filter and find the franchise of your dreams.
- Requirements to Start a Business
- Business Ideas
- Starting Your First Business
- Making A Business Plan
- New Business Legal Checklist
- Managing Business Financies
- Interested in Starting Your First Business? Consider a Franchise
- Most Successful Small Business Ideas
- Navigating Your Automotive Franchise Journey: A Data-Driven Guide for All Ages
- Exploring the Regional Landscape of Automotive Franchise Opportunities