Single-unit, multi-unit and co-branding opportunities available throughout the United States.
Over 30 Years of Experience At Your Service
More than thirty years after creating our first swirl, we’re still going strong. And, the sweetest part? We share all those years of experience to help our franchisees achieve success right along with us. Through our parent company, Famous Brands International, we have over 700 franchisees in 16 countries across the TCBY and Mrs. Fields brands. We have built a solid infrastructure that includes a team of industry experts and all the necessary resources to assist you with opening, operating, and creating your own sweet success story.
Operations/Field Support Services
- Field-based support professionals dedicated to business operations and store profitability
- Regular, ongoing franchise location visits to consult, educate, and coach on best-in-class business practices
- Expert employee training and staffing
- Marketing plan for new store opening to help create awareness and trial
- Ongoing marketing plan and strategy to help attract new customers while maintaining current regular customers
- Marketing strategies that emphasize owning the community through local store marketing activities
- National Marketing Fund to combine funds from all of the TCBY franchise locations to build and maintain our exceptional brand awareness and preference
- Eight-day new franchisee training at the company’s Famous Brands University (FBU) in Broomfield, Colorado
- Comprehensive FBU curriculum that includes education on products, equipment, store operations, marketing, staffing, accounting, and loss prevention
- Ongoing support of product and promotional launches
- Ongoing support via the company’s eLearning platform – FBUview
- National POS platform with comprehensive system support
Helping you get your business open on time and on budget is our goal. We assist our franchisees throughout the entire store opening process with the following:
- Real estate team to assist with market planning and site selection
- Proprietary site evaluation tool
- Construction and store opening team to assist with entire store opening process
- Construction management firm in place to facilitate store construction and opening
TCBY And Mrs. Fields Are Taste Buds Royalty
Our name stands for The Country’s Best Yogurt. That sentiment was true back when we started in 1981, and it’s still true 34 years later. TCBY isn’t just about making great frozen yogurt or continuing to push ourselves to innovate in the market, although we do both. We also believe it’s our job to provide our franchisees with the infrastructure, resources, and industry experts to help them open and operate a successful business that will bring them joy for years to come. This approach has earned us recognition as the segment leader in franchisee support and has grown our parent company, Famous Brands International, to include over 880 franchisees in 16 countries across the TCBY and Mrs. Fields brands.
A Leader in Yogurt Sales and Brand Awareness
TCBY continues as the category leader in the $1.7 billion frozen yogurt industry, with an impressive brand awareness that’s over 90%. Here are a few other tasty facts:
- There are more than 360 TCBY stores operating in the United States alone.
- TCBY offers the most extensive product line in the frozen treats category.
- TCBY invests heavily in franchisee training and support systems.
- New franchisees attend training in Broomfield, Colorado, to learn the latest processes and tools available to help them succeed.
- TCBY started franchising only one short year after it opened in 1981.
- In 2000, TCBY and Mrs. Fields joined forces to become Mrs. Fields Famous Brands.
- Using the Franchise Support Center and Mrs. Fields Famous Brands University, franchisees have a central point for corporate contact.
Yes, there really is a Mrs. Fields, and her name is Debbi. She began baking and selling her famous chocolate chip cookies back in 1977 in Palo Alto, California, when she was only 20 years old. She knew that once people tasted her fresh baked cookies made with premium, fresh ingredients, they would be hooked. But, even she couldn’t have anticipated that her cookies would become the most recognized and sought after premier cookie brand in the world. That popularity has never waned. Here are a few more tasty facts:
- There are approximately 280 Mrs. Fields franchises operating in the United States alone.
- Mrs. Fields began franchising stores in 1990.
- Mrs. Fields’ founder, Debbi Fields, wrote a biographical book called One Smart Cookie.
- Mrs. Fields currently employs over 4,000 employees.
- Despite persistent urban legends, Mrs. Fields’ famous recipe has never been sold to the general public.
- Providing free samples to potential customers has remained a cornerstone of the Mrs. Fields business since the very first store was opened in 1977.
- Mrs. Fields has developed The Mrs. Fields Famous Brands University, located in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Mrs. Fields has over 30 years of brand success and almost 20 years of franchising experience.
- A Franchise Business Consultant (“FBC”) is assigned to every franchisee.
Three Revenue Streams
We are offering the option to buy either a TCBY or a Mrs. Fields or a dual concept with TCBY and Mrs. Fields combined!
- TCBY Frozen Yogurt – a variety of unique and delicious self-serve or hand-scooped flavors in addition to cakes, pies, sundaes, and shakes
- Mrs. Fields Bakery – fresh baked cookies, nibblers, cookie cakes, brownies, savory pastries, shakes, and coffee
- Mrs. Fields Gifting Stations – beautifully wrapped and fully customized options for delicious gift giving
You get three proven revenue streams under one roof for just one franchise fee, making you one smart cookie! And, our new gifting stations are supported by our $50 million mrsfields.com business in Salt Lake City, Utah. This addition combined with the two iconic brands is a true differentiator. The gifting stations are also an excellent B2B model.
Here are some of the requirements that all franchisees must meet:
- Passionate about the TCBY & Mrs. Fields brand and product
- Desire to operate a customer-focused and fun business where people come for a delicious treat
- Detail oriented with respect for standards
- Strong people and leadership skills
- Outgoing, friendly, and energetic personality
- Willing to work hard to be successful
Does this sound like you?
Fill out the form today!
TCBY is currently accepting inquiries from the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin.
Interested parties should have at least $100,000 in liquid capital to invest.