An important step to becoming a franchisee is to invest quality time into researching the industry and all of the laws that affect it. Below is our list of the top 8 books to read if you’re thinking about buying a franchise. Whether you have some knowledge of the franchise industry or none at all, these books can help guide you through the process of becoming a franchise owner.
1. 101 Questions To Ask Before You Invest In A Franchise by Dr. John P. Hayes
101 Questions To Ask Before You Invest In A Franchise is a great tool to help you dive into the world of franchising. It provides organized lists of questions by topic to help you understand what and who to ask and is a great starting point for those new to the franchise industry.
2. Become a Franchise Owner! by Joel Libava
Become a Franchise Owner! covers both the pros and cons of becoming a franchise owner and offers straightforward, no-nonsense advice on gathering information, industry trends and hot franchise opportunities.
3. Buy 'Hot' Franchises without Getting Burned: A How to Franchise Guide: Helping You Make the Best Decision When You Buy a Franchise by Dr. John P. Hayes
A user-friendly guide, Buy 'Hot' Franchises without Getting Burned advises prospective franchisees on the right questions to ask once you’ve narrowed down your search to a specific opportunity covering all the points that need to be considered before buying a franchise.
4. The Educated Franchisee: The How-To Book for Choosing a Winning Franchise, 2nd Edition by Rick Bisio
The Educated Franchisee serves as a guide for confidently selecting the perfect franchise by showing you how to identify quality franchisors, how to make sure a franchise is profitable, and the five keys to success in owning a franchise.
5. The Franchise MBA - Mastering the 4 Essential Steps to Owning a Franchise by Nick Neonakis, MBA
The Franchise MBA is a guide that includes insights from franchise leaders and provides a thorough understanding of the franchising industry by combining experience and facts.
6. The Franchise Rules: How To Find A Great Franchise That Fits Your Goals, Skills and Budget by Michael Martuza
The Franchise Rules explores what it takes to become a successful franchise owner by examining both franchisors who are successful and those who struggle, and how to find the right ‘fit’ with a franchise system.
7. Hire Yourself: Control Your Own Destiny through Franchise Ownership by Pete Gilfillan
Hire Yourself provides a blueprint for determining the right franchise for you and helps you understand how to capitalize on your investment while minimizing risk, as well as understand how to avoid common mistakes while transitioning from corporate life to entrepreneur.
8. Street Smart Franchising by Joe Mathews
Let experienced franchisees and franchisors tell you what you need to know before buying a franchise in Street Smart Franchising - a straightforward guide that goes beyond the “how to” to show you exactly what to expect.